Fifty two Democrat Senators voted against the 2nd Amendment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the question I come away with whenever someone from Oklahoma starts ragging against McCain or Romney is...

"Who did you vote for in November?"

Never mind the primaries.

"Who did you vote for in November?"

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma in the year 2008, there were two Presidential candidates on the ballot.

Obama and McCain.

In the year 2012, there were two Presidential candidates.

Obama and Romney.

There were no third party candidates, nor does Oklahoma allow write ins.

Who did you vote for in 2012 and 2008?

Pretty simple, basic, and logical, huh.

Spend less time reading philosophy and calling people sheep, and spend more time studying Oklahoma ballots.

Take a pen, print clearly.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a pen, print clearly.

The Oklahoma election board simply doesn't count write ins.

Doesn't matter how sharp your pen is, or how clearly you print, or how much you try and philosophize about it.

It's possible it may void your ballot, which nullifies other state questions and elections on that ballot.

Here's the website for state voting laws in Oklahoma.

http://www.ok.gov/elections/documents/Guide10.pdf

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Oklahoma election board simply doesn't count write ins.

Doesn't matter how sharp your pen is, or how clearly you print, or how much you try and philosophize about it.

It's possible it may void your ballot, which nullifies other state questions and elections on that ballot.

Here's the website for state voting laws in Oklahoma.

http://www.ok.gov/elections/documents/Guide10.pdf

Sounds eerily similar to the response of school administrators who suspend kids for saying the word "Gun" or cut off the mic of a valedictorian for going off script during their graduation speech (for referring to "God", "Freedom of Speech", and the "Constitution").

They point to the policies website and say "It's the policy, we had no Choice".

News flash, the "Election Board" does not run this state or any other, WE THE PEOPLE do! It's high time we eliminate this kind of ignorant self defeating thinking from our minds and the minds of our children and begin the process of taking back control, restoring our freedom, paying down our debt, cutting wasteful spending and restoring the "American Spirit" that started this country and made it great...before it is too late.

Last edited:

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Schools fall under the jurisdiction of the state, and a district answers to their school board members.
Are you saying we need to federalize schools and have the President meddle in the affairs of a town's school?
I thought you hated that sort of thing.

Fact is, Obama/Biden has an infinitely worse record of taking away guns than Romney/Ryan...and you voted against Romney/Ryan.

I'm fully aware of how ridiculous the suspensions are.
It's why I didn't vote against Romney/Ryan in November.

WessonOil, Google the following words:

Straw Man Argument
Red Herring

I think you may well have accomplished the monumental feat of employing both logical fallacies in a single post, strike that, a single sentence (see red). Congratulations, on the monumental achievement.

Just in case you didn't realize what you were doing when you did it, I will reply - NO. I certainly do have a great deal of contempt for "That sort of thing"..

Supporting Romney / Ryan over supporting change to avoid the "Ridiculous" is also a logical fallacy of great magnitude, but I believe you sincerely believe that statement to be true, so I'll avoid the primal urge to further deride that statement out of respect for your opinions.

In the future, please do the same. Don't put words in my mouth or attribute arguments to me that I never have and never will make.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WessonOil, Google the following words:

Straw Man Argument
Red Herring

I think you may well have accomplished the monumental feat of employing both logical fallacies in a single post, strike that, a single sentence (see red). Congratulations, on the monumental achievement.

Just in case you didn't realize what you were doing when you did it, I will reply - NO. I certainly do have a great deal of contempt for "That sort of thing"..

Supporting Romney / Ryan over supporting change to avoid the "Ridiculous" is also a logical fallacy of great magnitude, but I believe you sincerely believe that statement to be true, so I'll avoid the primal urge to further deride that statement out of respect for your opinions.

In the future, please do the same. Don't put words in my mouth or attribute arguments to me that I never have and never will make.

I didn't put words in your mouth.

You stated that the Republican leaders aren't angry over the suspensions (for that matter, I'm not sure which leaders publicly are), whereas this is something that needs to be addressed at school board level and state level...which Oklahoma is.
Doesn't matter how angry a President is about school policy, that's a state and local issue.

If Obama was angry about reciting the Pledge of Allegance in classrooms, would you like him to have the ability to change that?

You babble on, your postings become more pretentious and obscure, exclamation marks abound, and the best answer you can give for voting in Oklahoma and not be "part of the herd," is to write in a name and nullify your ballot.

What you seem top be unaware of is that a large number of us voted for candidates other than McCain and Romney in the primaries (I was one of them.)

However, when faced with a choice in the general election in Oklahoma, it was either vote for Obama, or the Republican candidate.

I voted Republican, rather than deface my ballot and throw away the right to vote.

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't put words in your mouth.

You stated that the Republican leaders aren't angry over the suspensions (for that matter, I'm not sure which leaders publicly are), whereas this is something that needs to be addressed at school board level and state level...which Oklahoma is.
Doesn't matter how angry a President is about school policy, that's a state and local issue.

Oh, I see, so in your mind, the ONLY way the leaders of our nation can effect change (in this case, shaming fascist school administrators) is to pass a law to usurp control of the schools. So based on that logic, I MUST be advocating a Federal takeover of the public school system. That makes sense. Sorry I accused you of something you obviously didn't do. My bad. I was under the assumption (ass-u-me) I was talking to fellow conservative minded person with a mutual understanding More Government = More Bad; our leaders can and very often do lead and effect change simply with words of condemnation in public forums. Since that is not something on which we share a mutual understanding, I will clearly state my position. Public leaders can effect change with words alone, especially when pointing out OBVIOUS un-American behavior like mindless administrators suspending young children for exercising their FIRST AMENDMENT right. They can shine a light of shame on those idiots and rally the whole country to the child's defense without passing a single law.

If you don't like the taste of your own "Straw Man", don't try feeding it to others in the future. You may have succeeded in attaching a burning straw man to opponents in previous discussions on here or elsewhere, but it won't work with me.

If Obama was angry about reciting the Pledge of Allegance in classrooms, would you like him to have the ability to change that? NO, But he is free to express it and we are free to throw his ass out of office for it.

You babble on, your postings become more pretentious and obscure, exclamation marks abound, and the best answer you can give for voting in Oklahoma and not be "part of the herd," is to write in a name and nullify your ballot.

"Babble on", I'll not waste my time with the childish attacks any further than pointing it out. I've tutored math in the past. When people don't understand it, they probably feel my words are "obscure" (not sure about pretentious but suppose its possible). I've even had people get angry when they are having problems understanding a concept (though usually not at me). If you are having a hard time understanding the concepts, ask a question. Launching personal attacks or attempting character assassinations does nothing good for the case one is trying to make. If you feel that is what I am doing somewhere, highlight my words and point it out to me. Vague references have no value. I'm passionate about this subject because I genuinely fear for the future of my country and everybody in it if it continues on this path - that's you, me, our families, our friends, everybody! That said, if in my passion I say something personal I shouldn't, call me out on it. I will apologize. I will not however apologize for statements of fact or general Opinions on the motives of our current leaders - the fruit of their leadership being loss of freedom, poor education, increasing rates of dependence, fear of fear, unnecessary wars where millions of innocent civilians suffer, a $17,000,000,000,000 debt, and no sign of positive change on the horizon.

What you seem top be unaware of is that a large number of us voted for candidates other than McCain and Romney in the primaries (I was one of them.)

I think that is a good thing - as long as you didn't vote for one of the four options you were provided by "The Party" - Career "Yes Man" politicians.

However, when faced with a choice in the general election in Oklahoma, it was either vote for Obama, or the Republican candidate.

I voted Republican, rather than deface my ballot and throw away the right to vote.

Voting Romney was your only choice as much as suspending those students was the administrators only choice. You keep talking about how to work within the "Current System". The "Current System" is what got us where we are now! The current system exists only because people are too "Sheople" to get up and demand change! What I'm advocating isn't to work within the "Current System" which bears little if any resemblance to what our founders intended, I'm advocating taking a stand, (solely through the use of our 1st Amendment and Voting rights), to force change - to reclaim the system our founders set up for this country. To discard the spoiled fruit the "Current System" produces.

If several million people across the country "write in" a candidates name, or even just "none of the above", it will be a news story. Non-Establishment candidates will be emboldened to run. The media will be forced to pay attention as well we. More people will begin to follow. Every giant tree started as a small seed. So too will the giant change so desperately needed for our country. I am here to plant seeds in the minds of men. It is all I can do right now so it's what I'm doing. If that comes across as pretentious to anyone, I don't care and neither should any of you. I would be willing to die for my country, so the risk of hurting someone's feelings because I violated some absurd anti-freedom of speech PC policy (like the "Racist" NRA: https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?177099-Supposed-Racist-add-by-the-NRA) doesn't concern me much.

There is certainly a lot more to it than "taking a pencil to the voting booth", that we can both agree on, but that would certainly be a good start. Better do it quick though, once the computer voting machines are in every state, your vote truly doesn't matter. At that point, government voting fraud won't even require a cover-up. It will never be uncovered.

Keep doing what you've been doing and you're going to keep getting what you've been getting - something a little worse each and every election cycle.

See My responses in blue - my first post not using a phone! Much better I must say.

Last edited:

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that the IRS automatically knows that any group with "patriot " in it's name can't be liberal.

I agree. I find that premise quite disturbing.

Of course equally disturbing if not more so, that other Groups / Institutions / Individuals think anything with "Patriot" in its name must be Patriotic and supporting it an act of Patriotism - Patriot Act: The Law used to justify violating each and every sacred Liberty and protection guaranteed in the American Constitution (Secret Prisons, due process, presumption of innocence, right to privacy, freedom of speech, etc.). In other words, a law that essentially mandates government acts of Tyranny is described as Patriotic???

Latest posts

Top Bottom