Finished full restoration of 1975 Honda CB 360t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have prob already found it, but it sounds like the throttle cable might not be seated on one end or the other. Sorry, with my bad hearing I could not hear the shutdown sound you referred to. Prob something that might go away after sloshing a little lube around since it has been sitting a while Very nifty and nice looking. Thanks for sharing for us old guys to drule over.

I bought and got a 1972 750 3cy two stroke Kawasaki up and running a few years back. Lets just say I am out of shape, not as good of a rider I was in 1972 handling the light front end with 100hp, chambers and port job as I used to be. Not bad, but definitely got my attention that I had to relearn the max take off procedure. Tire smoke, tire bite, and how much reduction in throttle was needed in second and lower parts of 3rd gear to only float the front tire 4-6 inches untill you could get it open in fourth and fith gear. Oh yes one other thing. All clicks down is neutral. (Not between first and second like todays bikes). Found that I needed to remember that at my first take off when I though I must have a busted trannie also that I missed. Clicked down cracked the throttle while releasing the clutch, woops put the foot back down quickly. It is not first. Ha Ha

Chutter,--- I had a 305 Scrambler back in the day, think it was a 1965, not sure. Friend of mine bought it from me when I upgraded to a 65 Bonniville 650 and rode it from Tulsa to Galveston TX one summer. After he recovered, he sold it and I am not sure he ever owned a motorcycle after that. Ha Ha

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a beautiful job restoring that beauty.
I'm totally impressed.
Regarding the noise when shutting down, I looked around the internet and saw a couple of sites that offered explanations, most of which are totally dumb, but this may give you some clues to look for.

https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/threads/noise-after-shut-off.146321/
Congrats on a great restoration project. I'm a Honda guy starting with a Super 90,
250 Elsinor, 250 Yamaha RD2, Honda 450, Gold Wing, 250R ATC two times, and finally a Honda ATC 250 SX that I still ride to this day.
I like bikes.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful bike. Great job.

The only motorcycle I ever owned was a Honda 750. I had ridden several and my 18 year old butt just knew I was man enough to handle the 750 chopper a service buddy was selling cheap because he was transferring to a cutter. I was wrong.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started this project before I got Cancer and lost my right lung 5 years ago. It took me little by little, doing it all by hand with the tools I owned, to get it done. Below is a picture of the finished project except the seat that I'll pickup tomorrow from a guy that does upholstery.
Below the picture is a video I did last nigh when I finishe installing the pods and setting the cylinders and points. First hit on the electric starter and...well you'll see. I'd been very embarassed if it didn't work with the wife unit standing right there filming. Ha.
Well I'm done. The idle is very high so I'll need to adjust the idle and check for leaks in the pipes. It seems to run pretty good with no misses but at that high idle, not much can be said. It did have an odd screech sound when shutting it down. Pistons hadn't moved in a few years so I get it. I'll finish tuning what needs to be done and get that sweet spot.
It was so hard and so much fun teaching myself how to do each part. Any ideas on the high idle or that odd sound, please send me an email or post it.
It's so cool God gave me this time to do this. Could have been different. He's been way better to me than I deserve. My cancer cat and my thorasic's have no clue why I'm here. The wife had already picked out a boyfriend and everything....Ha. Just kidding. The beautiful and careing wife unit is another thing I don't deserve.
Heres a pic followed by a video.

Fantastic job, I love those older bikes. Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Latest posts

Top Bottom