Firearm Confiscation In Moore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC officers were putting animals down, I fix their mdc's and radio's and they told me stories of having to put several trapped or injured animals down. Most have a few hundred rounds in their cruisers, and close to 50 on them, (the paranoid ones have more) Some did have supervisors bring them more, as it took several rounds to put a lot of the horses down. Also, after the first day, most of the officers from OCPD involved were ERT as patrol still had to fulfill their normal role (most divisions average about 12-15 officers per division per shift).

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See guys, that wasn't so difficult to provide more details now, was it?

I'm sure at some point this will make the news, and we'll be able to read more details on it.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were still shooting as I walked back to my car up on 149th. As far as I could tell, all the people had been accounted for with the exception of one pile of rubble. I had no desire to stay down there & watch an listen to them shooting the animals.

Again, how many animals? I don't know. How many shots? I don't know. It was a bunch.

I ride with a trainer that lived in the far SW house/barn/arena, and there were a bunch of livestock that called that bottom home There were a lot of head down in there. Not many escaped.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the officers that approached us were on the east side of moore and weren't ocpd, not sure what department they had yellow safety vest over thier uniforms the had on green fatigue type pants and shirts like the black ones ocsd wear and were driving a white suv with a badge emblem on the door. i figured they were some other sherrif department

Last edited:

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the officers that approached us were on the east side of moore and weren't ocpd, not sure what department they had yellow safety vest over thier uniforms the had on green futige type pants and shirts like the black ones ocsd wear and were driving a white suv with a badge emblem on the door. i figured they were some other sherrif department

it could have possibly been a tribal officer or state park

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And those officers would not have access to instant unlimited ammo delivered to them on an instants notice, by the ammo taxi's that have nothing to do but deliver ammo.

The last two pages of this discussion were BS.

I know for a fact that certain tribal PD have an abundance of ammo. they also have new vest, new shoes, new rifles, new hand guns, new SUV / TRUCKS / and CARS.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know some as well, and they don't carry cases of ammo in the trunk. Much less while on foot patrol in a devastated area.

An animal in distress needs attention right away, and If I were an officer, I sure wouldn't want to expend my duty ammo that might be required to defend myself from an armed looter. I see absolutely no problem asking a citizen if they have some spare ammo to take care of some humane additional duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom