Firearm Confiscation In Moore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so we can say that #1 no guns are being taken. and #2 this is all just hearsay. I can honestly say that a friend of mine retrieved his guns and ammo from his safe while being watched by the nat guard today. after the guns were retrieved he unbolted the safe loaded it up on a trailer and loaded the guns back in the safe. he did have to show id and proof he lived there.

This ^^^ sick of all this hear say crap

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"For the record, the National Guard is on State Active Duty, they will not be under federal authority. While certainly not impossible, I find it highly unlikely that an Oklahoma Guardsman confiscated anyone's weapon. Law enforcement on the other hand...I'd buy that."

I don't know...I can't find any information one way or the other. I certainly hope not. I guess I can't speak for all the Guardsmen, but I do know a bunch, and the ones I know are all gun owners and 2A proponents. That's why I have a difficult time believing it in this instance. I hope I'm not proven wrong.

Not trying to start a fight here but your quotes show a definite bias. On the one hand you say that you'd buy into law enforcement taking someones things but not Nat. Guardsmen because you "know a bunch". Same could be said for LEO's by a lot of members here. I'm not buying that either LEO's or Nat. Guard did this. No one is offering proof or corroboration of the original story that started all of this other than "you can believe it or not". I don't blame the OP either. He is relating a story he heard. Unfortunately we are getting this fourth hand.

SDS

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my haste to evacuate Sunday night I left several firearms in the house visible to search and rescuers.
I couldn't get back in yesterday because of down power lines.

This morning I returned and all LE was gone, to Moore no doubt.

When I stepped into the house all firearms were exactly where I left them.

A colt revolver on the coffee table and 2 rifles leaning in the corner.

I know the house was searched. The fluorescent spray paint on the wall told me that.

They were searching for victims , not guns.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my haste to evacuate Sunday night I left several firearms in the house visible to search and rescuers.
I couldn't get back in yesterday because of down power lines.

This morning I returned and all LE was gone, to Moore no doubt.

When I stepped into the house all firearms were exactly where I left them.

A colt revolver on the coffee table and 2 rifles leaning in the corner.

I know the house was searched. The fluorescent spray paint on the wall told me that.

They were searching for victims , not guns.

Sounds like the folks we trust to help us through disasters did their job.

I'm sorry though to hear about the loss of your property.

I hope you get some help. I'm headed that way tomorrow as a volunteer to help with clean-up for co-workers that lost homes/property.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are correct the statute has no teeth. It gives the victim a chance to get their firearms back if they can afford a lawyer long enough to take on and defeat the State through the legal system, but offers nothing to those without the resources to take on the state - 90% of the population.

Nothing in the statute provides for criminal prosecution of government agents for violating the law or states the victim has the right to defend themselves with force at point of contact. The civil costs, assuming the victims win a court battle, would be born by the state (taxpayers).

And further, the law applies only to State Government agents. It offers no protection from agents operating under the authority of the Federal Government. Since the president can take control of the National Guard with the swipe of a pen, putting them outside the authority of this law, it is virtually meaningless as currently written.

In short, the law is purely for show unless the people of Oklahoma put pressure on their State Legislature to give the law some teeth (see post 17).

Unless I'm mistaken, a willful and intentional violation of state law would strip the government agent of their qualified immunity(?) Under those circumstances, a "will file" for grand larceny should hold up in court.

Good luck getting a DA to press the case though. :(

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"For the record, the National Guard is on State Active Duty, they will not be under federal authority. While certainly not impossible, I find it highly unlikely that an Oklahoma Guardsman confiscated anyone's weapon. Law enforcement on the other hand...I'd buy that."

Not trying to start a fight here but your quotes show a definite bias. On the one hand you say that you'd buy into law enforcement taking someones things but not Nat. Guardsmen because you "know a bunch". Same could be said for LEO's by a lot of members here. I'm not buying that either LEO's or Nat. Guard did this. No one is offering proof or corroboration of the original story that started all of this other than "you can believe it or not". I don't blame the OP either. He is relating a story he heard. Unfortunately we are getting this fourth hand.

SDS

Yeah I'm showing bias, I am a National Guardsman. But since you quoted me you also see that I conceded that I cannot speak for all guardsmen.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I stated from the very beginning of this thread, I'm not going to place much credibility on a story that was told by a "co-worker's brother in law," and I'm ashamed of people who are slandering others based upon this rumor.

I doubt we will be getting much details from the OP as to how he got his stuff back, as I doubt it happened in the first place.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was helping my bro inlaw retrieve his guns from his damaged house monday night when we were approched by some police officers that asked us if we had any 40s&w ammo or 223 ammo, they had been putting injured horses down and needed more ammo.we didn't have any, but there must of been a bunch of injured love stock

I sure as heck hope that is a mis-print not a freudian slip! :ooh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom