Firearm Confiscation In Moore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was helping my bro inlaw retrieve his guns from his damaged house monday night when we were approched by some police officers that asked us if we had any 40s&w ammo or 223 ammo, they had been putting injured horses down and needed more ammo.we didn't have any, but there must of been a bunch of injured love stock

I would hope that they had a Vet available to take care of any animal that needed to be put down.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was helping my bro inlaw retrieve his guns from his damaged house monday night when we were approched by some police officers that asked us if we had any 40s&w ammo or 223 ammo, they had been putting injured horses down and needed more ammo.we didn't have any, but there must of been a bunch of injured live stock

Good Lord, S.B..... What a horrible situation. My best to your family, brother, if y'all need a hand please post it.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would hope that they had a Vet available to take care of any animal that needed to be put down.

After the Piedmont tornado a local vet told me there was no way they could go around and put down all the suffering live stock. He said he could hear gunshots going off around the countryside.

If the animal is obviously beyond recovery why let it suffer until the vet gets there?

I saw a badly injured horse on our street; that image brings tears to my eyes every time I think of it. Not being familiar with horses, and since it wasn't mine and some horses can be quite valuable, I didn't put it down.
It wasn't long before the owner and the police were there and decided to shoot it; in front of the 14 year old daughter who was training with it.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not seeing reports online about police shooting horses...and the horses mentioned are located on 19th and Western, or close by.

About 100 horses were killed by the storm, which was their entire stock.

Can't see police having to beg ammo from homeowners when there are so many officers in the immediate area, each of which probably carries a minimum of abbout 50 rounds.

Would someone kindly post a link showing where police are shooting horses?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not seeing reports online about police shooting horses...and the horses mentioned are located on 19th and Western, or close by.

About 100 horses were killed by the storm, which was their entire stock.

Can't see police having to beg ammo from homeowners when there are so many officers in the immediate area, each of which probably carries a minimum of abbout 50 rounds.

Would someone kindly post a link showing where police are shooting horses?

Dude, this is real life. Not everything that happens is reported by or to the media. People are out there taking care of business. They aren't waiting for the news channel to show up before taking action.

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking that is not something that's going to get a lot of attention. Even if we don't see a "Story" about police killing horses or any other animals, you can rest assured it is being done. It must be done, it is the only humane thing to do and I would imagine the police will be involved in doing it. They just so happen to be the primary ones on the scene with tools suitable for the job.

When a severe tornado hits a large number of carbon based life forms not sheltered underground, it ALWAYS leaves three broad categories in its wake:

1. Living uninjured or with treatable injuries
2. Dead
3. Living with injuries beyond treatment

Putting animals out of their misery is a very noble thing to do so NOBODY should bear ill will against the poor souls tasked with the job of doing it.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live at 149th & Western and could hear gunshots that afternoon. I had heard about all if the livestock and assumed that's what was happening.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live at 149th & Western and could hear gunshots that afternoon. I had heard about all if the livestock and assumed that's what was happening.

It was happening on May south of 149th.

It was awful.

There was a dying horse in the middle of the street that I was able to coax over into the grass. I didn't want it going down in the middle of the road and blocking emergency vehicles.

I'm a horse guy. Some of the things I saw down there will stay with me for the remainder of my days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom