Firearm transaction red flags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aarond, I find the layout of your posts, combined with a lack of iambic pentameter, somewhat disconcerting.
As for what you have to say, I wouldn't shy away from signing papers for you. I buy otc guns sometimes also. The ATF probably has me on the 'confiscate with extreme prejudice' list anyway.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 4473 is legally required when buying new is it not? A bill of sale for used on the other hand is not? I'll show my CC permit if it makes someone feel better, but not my drivers license or sign any type of paper. Check my vehicle tag, it will be a tribal tag from a tribe in OK. Im not broke and dont forsee being any time soon so these deals I make here are for my hobby and SD/HD gear, its not gonna hurt me for a deal to fall thru over something so pithy. Thats why its best to communicate via PM before a FTF- if youre going to require some validation state that in your PMs so we can end the deal right there before finding out after driving some where. I have an Oklahoma drivers license for the last 12 years even tho I live in OK, IA and CA part time and there is nothing to hide here as Im clean as a whistle, its just not needed. Ive been around here the last 8 years or so, it wouldnt be too hard to figure out how to find me thru my posts if there was a problem, which there shouldnt be on my end.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And of course a drivers license proves that a person is "clean" as a whistle... #sarcasm

No, it doesn't prove someone is clean,,,
But it does prove what state your legal residence is in,,,
And it will prove that you are of legal age to own a handgun.

Those are two things that can land you a felony conviction,,,
I can't understand how some people don't see that as a problem.

But it's no big deal,,,
Someone else will buy the gun if you won't.

Aarond

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it doesn't prove someone is clean,,,
But it does prove what state your legal residence is in,,,
And it will prove that you are of legal age to own a handgun.

Those are two things that can land you a felony conviction,,,
I can't understand how some people don't see that as a problem.

But it's no big deal,,,
Someone else will buy the gun if you won't.

Aarond

In most cases you can certainly tell if someone is over 18. When in doubt, walk.
You are not required to ascertain residency during a private gun sale. A driver license does not guarantee that. The DL could be four years old.
You are not required to ascertain if the buyer is a felon.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in most cases you can certainly tell if someone is over 18. When in doubt, walk.
You are not required to ascertain residency during a private gun sale. A driver license does not guarantee that. The dl could be four years old.
You are not required to ascertain if the buyer is a felon.
thankyou

Latest posts

Top Bottom