Firefighters watched a house burn down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How the hell would they know? The never got off of their collective A$$ES and surveyed the scene. They stayed in the their vehicles and waited until the fire encroached the neighbor's property. Then they got out and put oout the fire as it crossed the property line.

You just don't understand the concept of a subscription based fire service do you? Next time Burger King screws up your whopper head on over to McDonalds and complain about it. If the homeowner wanted fire protection he needed to pay for it. IT IS REALLY THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND???????

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just don't understand the concept of a subscription based fire service do you? Next time Burger King screws up your whopper head on over to McDonalds and complain about it. If the homeowner wanted fire protection he needed to pay for it. IT IS REALLY THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND???????
Nobody subscribes to burger king. They pay for what they receive, not what they might need.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My take on this: It sucks but that's life. It's like having health insurance or car insurance, you never want to need it but you have it just in case. $75 a year is cheap, that's a little over $6 a month, or roughly $0.20 a day. He didn't pay for his part of the service, so no service for him. You quit paying your electric bill and wait til they turn off service, then complain you need it to live in extreme heat or cold and see how many people care. The guy shouldn't have cheaped out and paid as he should have.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those of you who believe that they should have just stood by and did nothing are all A$$HOLES.

BTW.. I say this as a volunteer Firefighter who belongs to an all-volunteer Dept.

Awesome, now with the namecalling. Thanks for pointing out that it is only in your official namecalling capacity.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those of you who believe that they should have just stood by and did nothing are all A$$HOLES.

BTW.. I say this as a volunteer Firefighter who belongs to an all-volunteer Dept.
you're a joke. I'm glad you can discern the character of people by one thing that they believe. Perhaps you should go into business with miss Cleo. The bottom line is that the firefighters in question do that for a living. They provide services for their customers who pay in advance. You don't get your big mac before you pay, it's similar in the instance in question. Blaming the firemen (and women) in question is similar you dying of dehydration, and your family blaming the city for shutting off the water when YOU didn't pay your bill. Furthermore, I am under the impression that the since the man did not pay for the services the firefighters would have been acting outside if the scope of their employment and therefore not covered by workman's comp and their insurance.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Is being a compassionate helpful person hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom