Firefighters watched a house burn down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is being a compassionate helpful person hard to understand?

You still don't understand? It has nothing to do with being compassionate. This isn't a public fire department. It requires that you pay a subscription to be a member. Gosh!!! What is so hard to understand about that???

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You still don't understand? It has nothing to do with being compassionate. This isn't a public fire department. It requires that you pay a subscription to be a member. Gosh!!! What is so hard to understand about that???

And if I see you choking on a piece of bacon, I'm just gonna sit back and watch unless you paid me beforehand. Hey, I don't work for free.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And if I see you choking on a piece of bacon, I'm just gonna sit back and watch unless you paid me beforehand. Hey, I don't work for free.

http://www.mtas.tennessee.edu/public/municodesweb.nsf/5cde681dbdedc10f8525664000615fc4/a05ceade7ca2f425852567b6005e97d7/$FILE/southfultont-7.pdf

7-501. Service fee. Individuals wishing to participate in the rural fire
program shall be required to pay an annual rural fire service fee and to pay a
$500.00 service fee for each rural fire call. (Ord. #90-6, June 1990)

7-507. Fire chief to dispatch personnel and apparatus. Personnel
and apparatus will not be dispatched to a rural fire when, in the opinion of the
fire chief, the forces are not available due to commitments to fighting a fire
within the corporate limits. (Ord. #90-6, June 1990)

7-509. Department not to answer calls not covered in this
chapter. The South Fulton Fire Department shall not answer rural fire service
calls that are not covered in the above sections. (Ord. #90-6, June 1990)

keyser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I am glad I do not know how someone can have that viewpoint.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How the hell would they know? The never got off of their collective A$$ES and surveyed the scene. They stayed in the their vehicles and waited until the fire encroached the neighbor's property. Then they got out and put oout the fire as it crossed the property line.

The fire department did not arrive on scene for two hours. The homeowner chose to leave both of his dogs in the trailer during the two hours prior to that.

So which is it?

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC : It wasn't in the city... it wasn't even in the same county. The FD was in Tenn and the house was in Kentucky.
How would there be jurisdiction to do that?

Unless I missed something while I lived there for 20 years...

Fulton is in Kentucky... South Fulton is across the street in Tennessee and Obion County is the border county, in Tennessee.

Take this on good authority...my ex wife graduated from South Fulton in '76...

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I would want it on my conscience of just standing by while everything someone owns burns if I had the capability to help. I personally think that every one of those firefighters should have it happen to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom