First Handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a Glock fanboy, but I do own several including a gen 2 G19. I also own Rugers, Sigs, Springfields, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, and…..well, you get the point. I am about quality not brand, but Glocks, as a whole, just work. Like has been said, they are incredibly simple, and there are several companies that make "curb feelers" for them.

With a $500 budget, you should be able to easily find a like new Glock 9mm (probably on the OSA classifieds). There are deals to be had if you are looking.

As an example, yesterday, I bought an as new gen 3 Glock 27 with 4 mags, a Fobus paddle holster, and 250 rounds of ammo for $500. Good luck with your quest!

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welp, if you guys are so insistent, I'll give 'em a try when I has the moolah to do so. I'd hate to bum guns of you all though. As I told BB already, I'd shoot someone else's gun without at least buying a box of ammo for the trouble even if it is a cheaper caliber.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welp, if you guys are so insistent, I'll give 'em a try when I has the moolah to do so. I'd hate to bum guns of you all though. As I told BB already, I'd shoot someone else's gun without at least buying a box of ammo for the trouble even if it is a cheaper caliber.

Yep.

I would let you shoot anything I have if you were closer to me.

A buddy of mine just had to have Ruger 9mm of some kind. He wouldnt come up and shoot any of mine, bought the Ruger and told me he couldnt hit with it. I told him to come up and shoot. Well, he was right, he couldnt hit with it, at all. I handed him my XD in .45, and he hit every time.

He regretted not coming up to shoot.

BTW, I could hit with his Ruger. It just didnt fit him for some reason.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep.

I would let you shoot anything I have if you were closer to me.

A buddy of mine just had to have Ruger 9mm of some kind. He wouldnt come up and shoot any of mine, bought the Ruger and told me he couldnt hit with it. I told him to come up and shoot. Well, he was right, he couldnt hit with it, at all. I handed him my XD in .45, and he hit every time.

He regretted not coming up to shoot.

BTW, I could hit with his Ruger. It just didnt fit him for some reason.

I guess that intimacy with a gunslinger and his gun is a real thing then. Go figure. Lol

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If BB and GC take you to OKCGC, I would tag along and bring some other guns for you to shoot. M&P9, Shield 9, G42, G26 but my favorite for concealed is still gonna be a G19 Gen4 though.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont those places in the big city have pistols you can use? Rent or something?

There's H&H but they're awfully expensive. For just me, my brother and a friend using a Colt 1911 they had and just 2 boxes of .45... It was a little over 100 bucks I think.

If BB and GC take you to OKCGC, I would tag along and bring some other guns for you to shoot. M&P9, Shield 9, G42, G26 but my favorite for concealed is still gonna be a G19 Gen4 though.

BB and I were just talking about that in PM. I'd talk to her as it seems she's the big orchestrator right now. xD

Latest posts

Top Bottom