Fishing Lake Hefner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just going to stay out of this, but here ya go.
ODWC Fishing Report
Hefner:*June 23. Elevation below normal, water 74-78. Channel and blue catfish excellent on punch bait, live bait and dough bait at 4-8 ft. at the inlet and along riprap. White bass, striped bass hybrids and walleye good on jigs, small lures, live bait and blade baits; the walleye bite is mainly in early morning. Largemouth bass good on jigs, spinnerbaits and topwater lures at 3-6 ft. along riprap and points. Flathead catfish good on live bait and crankbaits at 4-8 ft. along riprap. Crappie fair on minnows and jigs at 12-18 ft. along riprap. Report submitted by Lucky Lure Tackle.

Overholser:*June 24. Elevation rising, water 73-78. Channel and blue catfish good on live bait, punch bait and chicken liver in the river channel and around points. Carp good on punch bait and worms below the dam. White bass and striped bass hybrids slow on minnows and worms in the main lake and around docks. Report submitted by Jerrod Davis, game warden stationed in Oklahoma and Canadian counties.

I dunno nuffin 'bout Hefner but there are always folks fishing Overholser below the dam and the river back up under the new Rt. 66 bridge. I can't help but think that they wouldn't be down there day after day after day if they were in a dry hole ... :anyone:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure I trust the reports about Hefner from Lucky Lure; they always seem to be pretty good, might have something to do with them selling more bait if the fish are biting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom