Flash Hiders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What on Earth are you talking about? Who said anything about testing a muzzle device on a friend or Child. This type of moronic post is why a lot of knowledgable folks don't like to participate on forums.

You did ...

.. I hunt with my AR mainly coyotes and generally with a friend or child....I was looking for a way to protect the hearing of myself and the people who hunt with me. Based on what I have learned, I think I am going to try the Levang style muzzle break.

This is not super complicated - if it reduces the noise it's a silencer, otherwise it DOES NOT REDUCE THE NOISE. If you are not using a silencer - you should use proper ear protection. End of story.

In a meanwhile, go ahead and "let us know" how your hunting buddies enjoy their tinnitus ...

Owasso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You did ...

This is not super complicated - if it reduces the noise it's a silencer, otherwise it DOES NOT REDUCE THE NOISE. If you are not using a silencer - you should use proper ear protection. End of story.

In a meanwhile, go ahead and "let us know" how your hunting buddies enjoy their tinnitus ...

I never said anything in any post about "testing" a muzzle device on a friend or child. If you can find it quote it. Otherwise quit staying things that are not only untrue but absurd. As I have told you before I understand what a silencer is. As several posters to this have tried to point out this post is not about silencers. If you don't like the marketing materials that flash hinder/muzzle devices companies are using (i.e. that some are quieter than others) then you should take it up with them.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.. marketing materials that flash hinder/muzzle devices companies are using (i.e. that some are quieter than others)

Some muzzle devices indeed can be quieter than the other muzzle devices - but never quieter than a bare muzzle simply by the law.

Here is your original question:
"Does the design of a flash hinder really make an AR quieter?"

Here is the original answer:
"If a muzzle device makes a gun quieter - it is a silencer by definition and therefore NFA item."

Why do you keep posting disregarding and descending remarks towards me. Seriously, what's your argument? What should we ignore the law or common sense?

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's funny is that some people could read his post and know exactly what he was asking, and answer accordingly.

Some people, well... couldn't.

But then some people couldn't show how "Smart" they think they are.

To help answer OP original question: ARs are too loud to use without Ear Protection (especially around structures) regardless of brake used even though "perceived" noise to shooter can be somewhat directed away.

I have cans on every caliber I own (even my AR) and suggest them to everyone - once you suppress it's the only way to go.

Owasso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But then some people couldn't show how "Smart" they think they are.

To help answer OP original question: ARs are too loud to use without Ear Protection (especially around structures) regardless of brake used even though "perceived" noise to shooter can be somewhat directed away.

I have cans on every caliber I own (even my AR) and suggest them to everyone - once you suppress it's the only way to go.

I am definitely interested in a suppressor. I just haven't wanted to go through the hassle yet. I am going to give the Levang style device a try, since it is only $39.00 to see if makes much difference. Thanks for your input.

Latest posts

Top Bottom