Folding knife suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't you get rid of you other 300 because you didn't like/love it? Not judging - just wondering.

I have a 300 and I could either take it or leave it. If the damn thing has thinner steel liners and a thinner blade, and the handle was a tad bit longer, I'd love it. I never use the flipper to open it either, I just use the thumb studs like all of my other AXIS lock knives.

So with the move into the new house (and unboxing, breaking down move-in boxes), I haven't bought a new knife in quite some time (and about 4 of my folders are currently dull, so I need to get on sharpening them soon).

I am however, very tempted by this one:

http://www.gpknives.com/bm300flipperblackblueg10.html

[Broken External Image]

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man, something like ten years ago, i bought a benchmade 940 cfd2. never could make myself carry it anywhere but church. few weeks back, i looked them up to see what they're going for now... no way i'm carrying it anywhere but to weddings and funerals now.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't you get rid of you other 300 because you didn't like/love it? Not judging - just wondering.

I have a 300 and I could either take it or leave it. If the damn thing has thinner steel liners and a thinner blade, and the handle was a tad bit longer, I'd love it. I never use the flipper to open it either, I just use the thumb studs like all of my other AXIS lock knives.

Yes, but I don't currently own a Benchmade and this was one that was almost perfect (had the scales been a bit more contoured like they are in this Blue one, I might have kept my Flipper). I've come to realize that Benchmades are just different than most of the knives I really like - I pretty much loved all of the last 5 or 6 BM knives I owned except for one little specific thing that pissed me off about that particular model. It would be different with each knife, but it always drove me up a wall that they could create such a perfect knife each time and only screw one thing up on it.

I probably miss the Flipper the most, but I wasn't crazy about the feel with it being so thick (blade didn't bother me, and the liners were cool as they were ridiculously strong, but at the same time - the thick flat scales with just those few spots relieved made for a fat knife).

I really like Blue laminate G10 as well - I didn't mind the Brown on the standard model, but again - shape/contour are everything when it comes to function-over-form. Which is ironic seeing as how I prefer flat-scales on a thinner folder (i.e. my Spydercos).

I don't know, but right now it's down to either this guy or another Griptilian with some custom scales.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not get the new spyderco flipper? I start to drool every time I look at one...

This thread is enormous, so it's easy to miss, but we've already discussed the Spydie flipper some. I like it in concept, but when handling it... I just don't know. I'm not a fan of the pattern on the scales (in person), and the overall shape is nice, but it just doesn't really do much for me (and that sucks because I badly wanted one - especially when finding out that it was going to be made of CTS-XHP.

I'm seriously thinking about picking up a Southard (despite my initial reaction to it). At this time, I've been carrying almost exclusively Para-2s (in fact, 3 of them are dull now - I'm almost ashamed that I've fallen behind in my sharpening, but I'm glad that I have the extras to fall back on when life gets busy).

So it turns out that hoarding a massive number of Para-2s isn't that bad :)

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the deal ? You guys get tired of talking about knives or what ? It's been a month since anyone posted anything. I know one of you guys ( Especially EZ ) has had to of purchased something to talk about lately.
I don't really have much to add just like seeing reviews on all of you guys purchases. I did pick up at ZT 0350TS. Decent blade , nothing super exciting about it or anything. I mainly purchased it because I was sending a couple of mine back to Benchmade and my Spyderco Manix blade lock button broke in half on me so I'm going to have to send it in as well. Any of you guys that own a Manix II have that happen to you ? I noticed one day that I was using it than when I went to close the blade it was kinda stuck and then the next day I used it the button broke in half and fell out and the bearing ball went bouncing across my floor.
Anyways just trying to get this thread revitalized.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a couple of newer ones. Bob Dozier and at the gun show I picked up a Hogue/Elishewitz Automatic.

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_18_amu9enam.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_18_6u2a4y4y.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Phone, Galaxy Tablet or iPhone

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those both look great watchcollector. I saw the hogues on there web page awhile back but have never handled one in person. Neat designer and from what I've read they seem to be great blades.

Deli I've never personally handled either of those but for the $26.99 price tag I'm seeing online on the cryo I don't think you could go to wrong. Just from aesthetics and frame lock and flipper , hinderer design , quite a bit for such a small price tag. The only thing I'm not so sure of is the main thing itself the blade lol , but like I said , $27.00 bucks it will probably be well worth the price tag. Probably shouldn't be to hard to find either one somewhere and handle them first though. You might check Bass Pro next time your over that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom