Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Soon I will reveal a biodegradable 100% organic product that will eliminate your scent and allow you to varmint hunt and deer hunt down wind.Yes, you read that right. Some of the readers on this forum have already received their supply. This is something I have been using for 20 years that covers food odors, fuel odors, body odor,organic and inorganic odors. You just forget your scent

i sure would like to hear somme more about this when is it going to be ready

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went down to my hunting place on Sunday and put up another stand and check on soil moisture. And the rain just sprinkled down there. So I brought the seed back with me. I will have a wheat/oat/tritical/rye mix ready to go in as soon as it rains a good rain. I have some winter peas and turnips as well, but if its too much in October before it rains, I will hold onto them.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it too late to plant??

I haven't had the time to plant this year, I could probably get some wheat in the ground next week, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it?? I'm not necessarily looking for a food source to kill deer over as much as something that would be of benefit to the deer and turkeys.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we have had no moisture to speak of, it is fine to go ahead and plant. Wheat,oats, turnips,kale, rape, austrian winter peas, are all fine to plant now. It is not too late. I am tryingt o get fertilizer down tomorrow before the monsoon comes in. If you live in Western Oklahoma and can get the seed and fertilizer in the ground before it rains 3 inches you will be in fine shape. Oklabassin is right on target, as always.

Latest posts

Top Bottom