Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Things are certainly heating up in the deer woods and will for the next 2 weeks before the full moon on November 10th. The breeding should start around the 12th. The next 2 weeks will be the most exciting time for deer hunters to be in the woods.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that we have another rain chance coming our way this week. I fertilized a couple of wheat plots with some 13-13-13 today. I like to drop at least 200/acre of fertilizer. The plots are in fine shape so far. They are staying moist and now with another rain kick things with keep growing. I noticed that the buck movement is continuing to increase. We are on schedule for breeding to start around the 12th.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started a research project using a new product that may save a person 50 to 75% on their fertilizer bill. I have sprayed a product that contains specific soil bacteria, an organic acid that is highly desirable to improve plan growth and a biological stimulant. 2 soil samples were collected from respective fields to determine the amount of nitrogen, phosphorous, and potash that was present. The two fields were planted and sprayed with the new product. One of the two test fields was fertilized with 150# of 13-13-13. The second field, of course, just received the new product. The fall rains came,the seed germinated and the fields are lush.The fields are so lush that 2 people standing in the middle cannot tell the difference. Forage samples have been taken and analysed for protein content. The results are both over 30% protein. The two results are separated by less than 1%. Is this difference significant??? What does everyone think?? Lets hear some comments before I tell the rest of the story.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When some dairy's wash out their milking parlors, all that crap runs into a tractor pulled tank and it gets pump sprayed out onto the wheat fields during the summer after wheat harvest. Yummie:)

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4570- The info that I have posted is just the tip of the iceberg. I have over 20 years of wastewater consulting and have worked on over 200 municipal and industrial treatment projects including dairies. The technology that I have worked with may save the ag industry an enormous amount of dollars on fertilizer costs and other related costs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom