For you small-tractor folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weav199

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased a JD 790 27hp 4wd tractor with the front end loader, a LX6 brushhog and a hard canopy on the top, the tractor was 11k and the front loader was 2500, and the mower was 3k the canopy was only about 300 and worth every penny. Looking back this was about the best purchase I could have made, the only thing I should have done different was to purchase the trailer and belly mower at the same time.

My uncle told me not to buy someone else's problem. But with the implements I wanted, new was way out of my budget. I got a JD790 4x4 with 300 hrs on it, trailer, FEL, box blade, MX5 brush hog, 5 ft. finish mower, 5 ft. tiller and a post hole digger for 10K. I LOVE this thing. There are some good deals out there if you look hard enough.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a great choice is a Kubota L2350 4x4 with front end loader
it's a 3cyl 25hp diesel that tough as nails. made 91-98, so can be found fairly affordable.

keep your eyes peeled on craigslist ... one recently came up for $7800 with front end loader.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I bought a new Kioti CK20S the first of the year.
I have almost 30 hours on it so far.
It did a good job of moving snow and yesterday I had 30 ton of gravel delivered and using the FEL and box blade it is doing a fine job of getting it spread out.
I also got it with a 50" tiller, the little tractor pulls it with authority in my heavy clay soil garden.
Just one more brand to consider.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b398_FLHRI_OK_035.jpg

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle told me not to buy someone else's problem. But with the implements I wanted, new was way out of my budget. I got a JD790 4x4 with 300 hrs on it, trailer, FEL, box blade, MX5 brush hog, 5 ft. finish mower, 5 ft. tiller and a post hole digger for 10K. I LOVE this thing. There are some good deals out there if you look hard enough.

Thats a smokin hot deal right there. You might look into a canopy, they're pretty reasonable and 5-6 hrs in the summer sun will make ya glad ya got it. That MX5 is one bad mofo. What brand tiller did it come with?

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had very good service from my Mahindra 3510. With 4 wheel drive, front end loader, 6' finish mower, and 6' brush hog, was priced app. 6K less that John Deere. Green and yellow paint just doesn't mean that much to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom