Found a huge spider. Never seen one like it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"MY" spider is bigger and richer! LOL
i54.tinypic.com_20uznt0.jpg

That spider has folding cash, he's gangsta - does he have his own tiny Glock Fotee and a flat bill cap?

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One day when we were out dirt roadin' we encountered a massive wave of Tarantulas, apparently migrating, crossing the road....there must have been tens-of-thousands of them.
The entire road was a huge crawling black wave of spiders about 30yd long....and endlessly crossing.

It was very bizzare.

I have seen this once in my life when I was a kid, my dad stopped the car and got out and walked among the entire moving road of Tarantulas. I have not ever seen it happen since the mid 80's here in the Moore area.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are definitely hazardous.

I first encountered one of these spiders a couple if years ago when mowing. I didn't see it until my face was inches from it. I nearly shat myself while trying to crawl over the mower and away from it. I'm sure that was a spectacle. And then the full body shivers ensued. Lol. That damn thing must've been the size of my fist. I came back the next day and fed it an amputee grasshopper. A peace offering of sorts.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen this once in my life when I was a kid, my dad stopped the car and got out and walked among the entire moving road of Tarantulas. I have not ever seen it happen since the mid 80's here in the Moore area.
That's interesting....
When we saw the event it was also in the mid-80s, in Seminole County.

I've told the story hundreds of times and as far as I can remember you are the first to have ever witnessed the same event.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's interesting....
When we saw the event it was also in the mid-80s, in Seminole County.

I've told the story hundreds of times and as far as I can remember you are the first to have ever witnessed the same event.

They were saying "So long and thanks for all the moths" before leaving the planet.

This is why you don't see many of them these days.

:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom