Four Legged Friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would bring them back home with me. They are not gonna understand why they are no longer welcome. I most definitely understand not wanting to take on more responsibilities but I couldn't turn a blind eye. It would eat me alive. 🤷

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even though this really isn’t a chat thread, I feel like the animal obsessed regular posters in this thread are kind of my peeps, so I’m going to ask opinions on a possibly evolving situation in my household.
As most here know, we have two dogs and 4 cats. We’re going to visit our grandson this weekend, and my wife found out our son and daughter in law have made the decision recently to have a pet free home and put their dog and cat in the backyard. I was thinking it, but my wife actually vocalized that we should bring their dog and cat home with us.
I don’t necessarily want anymore animals right now, but I don’t like the idea of them having to live outside.
So what do you think?
Bring them home. I hate people who do that.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even though this really isn’t a chat thread, I feel like the animal obsessed regular posters in this thread are kind of my peeps, so I’m going to ask opinions on a possibly evolving situation in my household.
As most here know, we have two dogs and 4 cats. We’re going to visit our grandson this weekend, and my wife found out our son and daughter in law have made the decision recently to have a pet free home and put their dog and cat in the backyard. I was thinking it, but my wife actually vocalized that we should bring their dog and cat home with us.
I don’t necessarily want anymore animals right now, but I don’t like the idea of them having to live outside.
So what do you think?
I'd bring the dog at least. I guess the cat too, if the dog is bonded to it - you're already dealing with cat stuff anyway..

If the grandson is a baby, I can understand the dog issue, depending on what it is. I mean, if I had a pit or something, I wouldn't have it around a baby. I just wouldn't take the chance of something terrible happening. For that matter, my sister had a cocker spaniel that would try to bite your face off if you petted it when it was eating. So, that wouldn't work with a kid crawling around.

Short answer, sure, bring the animals home with ya.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long have they had their pets? If the pets have lived inside that wouldn't be good for them to be stuck outside would it ? Asking for an animal obsessed regular poster friend.
My son and daughter in law have been married a year and half, and the cat was hers and the dog his before they got married. I’m going to estimate Clem the cat is probably 2ish, and Honey is probably closer to 3. They’ve been remodeling an older house and are getting new flooring next week, and that’s supposedly why they put them outside. However, my daughter in law has been worried about Clem and Honey being around our grandson since he was born (in January).
I don’t know how this is going to play out, but we intend to bring them home if they’re willing to let them go. :anyone:

Edit to add that the dog is a Boykin Spaniel and a little hyper but not aggressive at all.

Last edited:

socialmessiah

Marksman
Reaction score
My crazy looking dog😍

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_180936589.jpg
    IMG_20231230_180936589.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, we’ve been at my son’s house since about 5, and my wife completely overreacted to the situation. It’s not as dire as she led me to believe, and Honey actually seems pretty happy with the arrangement. Clem just being a cat isn’t happy with anything, but she definitely appreciates my presence more than the last time I was around her.
I made the offer to take them, but I can’t see my son letting them go at this point.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, we’ve been at my son’s house since about 5, and my wife completely overreacted to the situation. It’s not as dire as she led me to believe, and Honey actually seems pretty happy with the arrangement. Clem just being a cat isn’t happy with anything, but she definitely appreciates my presence more than the last time I was around her.
I made the offer to take them, but I can’t see my son letting them go at this point.
Awwww. That does my heart good! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Latest posts

Top Bottom