Foxpro Spitfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I finally bought a Spitfire and have a couple of questions. One is what type and where do I buy an external speaker? It seems pretty loud to me by itself but of course I have only used it in the house. Second question is what type of quiver critter should I buy to go with it?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was going to purchase one a couple of years ago as well, but after going with a friend who had one, I decided against using one for bobcats at least. Cats would approach and sit and watch the decoy and not really close the distance. Coyotes seem to be a different story though. Okhunter can weigh in on this more than I can for coyotes.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would try it with out the external speaker first and see how it works out for you. I think it should be fine. I don't use a decoy much any more. The MOJO critter works pretty good, but all of them will spook a coyote at one time or another so I quit using a decoy. I had some coyotes that would turn and run as soon as they saw the decoy. The less you have to carry. the better.
Foxpro does sell an external speaker if you decide to get one.

Scott

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who has one of these, he just sent his back to the factory because it would eat batteries like crazy. Batteries in his wouldn't last more than an hour of use, no matter what he did. It would even dischage the batteries with the caller turned off, he would have to take the batteries out.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea they will work but what they don't show you are all the animals they will scare off. I got one of the first MOJO critter prototype decoys when they were making them. We filmed for a whole season with it and got a bunch of great footage with some coyotes and bobcats charging the decoy. We also had several coyotes that bugged out at the first sight of the decoy, but you won't ever see those clips on tv.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several decoys and sometimes they are great and sometimes not. I like the mojo puppy. It is easy to carry and whimpers so after playing distress a while I can shut the caller off and let the puppy whimper. So far it seems to be bringing the coyotes in close but I have only had a few on it yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom