Free speech, Garland Tx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't hate them and I don't want to hate them. I want to save them. Even if they simply became atheist it would be better than what they are now.

Woody

Saving them from what? History has shown if left alone they tend to fight each other. Islam has its roots in Abrahams 2 sons, is Isaac and Ishmael, and evolved shortly after the days of early Christianity.

Islam and mooslims don't need to be saved anymore than Buddhists or Hindus.

In fact Islam and Christianity share this need to convert each other, which creates this rift dating back to the crusades...Judaism doesn't share this.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't see how it can be both ways - either we acknowledge the right to freedom of speech to those with whom we disagree or else we forfeit our own right to speak up when we find ourselves in disagreement.

Earlier in this thread I made reference to seeing different sides of arguments. A quarter has 3 sides. Heads, Tails and the edge. Things are only black or white in your world.....but there are gray areas, in fact there's many colors but you've narrowed the argument down to 2 things; this way or that way. Islam ain't going away unless we outlaw that religion in the U.S. The other option you could have is just be nice to others and let the Gellars of the world and radical mooslims sort out their own mess.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My premise is shakey???? You your very own skills at Googleing the mooslim population in the US, Oklahoma, your county or your town. Then Google our population, state population, county population, city population.

Hint.....those dollar general stores popping up in every neighborhood ain't mosques. And every dark skinned fella ain't mooslim.

There is a bigger world outside of Pink and your local Dollar General. Muslim population growth in the U.S. is rapid and threatens to increasingly influence American public policy while you play ostrich in Pink.

...both Christian and Muslim sources assert that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the United States.25 The Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches 2000 gives the figure of 3,950,000 Muslims in America today.26 Islamic Horizons states that there are eight to ten million Muslims in North America.27 The most common figure cited (the statistic the United States government regularly uses) is about six million.28 The largest concentrations of Muslims are in California, New York, and Illinois — with an estimated 400,000 in the Chicago area.29

While specific figures may be debated, what cannot be debated is the phenomenal growth of Islam. According to United Nations statistics, the Muslim population in the United States grew by 25 percent between 1989 and 1998.30 In 1990 there were only about 50 Islamic schools in America. Today the number is over 200.31 Since about 1990 the number of “registered Islamic centers and mosques” has tripled to “more than 2,500.”32

...Just how is the Muslim population growing? The growth rate of Islam in Western nations (including the US and Canada) primarily comes through: a high Muslim birth rate and immigration (e.g., Muslims moving to the United States), not from converts (non-Muslims becoming Muslims). As we shall soon note in regard to converts, however, two groups are vulnerable to Muslim evangelism.

...Wendy Zoba in a Christianity Today cover story entitled “Islam, U.S.A": “Islam is gaining most of its U.S. converts in prisons and on university campuses.
http://www.arabicbible.com/for-christians/1315-islam-in-america.html?start=2

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how many of us would have known about this contest if there were no shooting. The contest was held in a private location, the only people there were people who wanted to be there. They broke no laws and didn't force people to see/agree with them, and no tax dollars were involved, therefore I don't have anything to ***** about

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder how many of us would have known about this contest if there were no shooting. The contest was held in a private location, the only people there were people who wanted to be there. They broke no laws and didn't force people to see/agree with them, and no tax dollars were involved, therefore I don't have anything to ***** about

Good point. The media here would not have touched.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saving them from what? History has shown if left alone they tend to fight each other. Islam has its roots in Abrahams 2 sons, is Isaac and Ishmael, and evolved shortly after the days of early Christianity.

Islam and mooslims don't need to be saved anymore than Buddhists or Hindus.

In fact Islam and Christianity share this need to convert each other, which creates this rift dating back to the crusades...Judaism doesn't share this.

I'm not a theologist so I can't speak beyond my current layman's knowledge of religion. That limited knowledge says Islam is the only religion that cannot(will not) coexist with any other. And yes, different factions of Islam can't even coexist. Ergo, Islam is a scourge upon humanity.

They can't be left alone but not because of infighting. They can't be left alone even if they are reduced back to stone age status because they will simply rise up again the next time they have a commodity that the rest of the world will buy from them. We have problems with them now because of all the oil we bought from them. They can afford it now.

Woody

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Earlier in this thread I made reference to seeing different sides of arguments. A quarter has 3 sides. Heads, Tails and the edge. Things are only black or white in your world.....but there are gray areas, in fact there's many colors but you've narrowed the argument down to 2 things; this way or that way. Islam ain't going away unless we outlaw that religion in the U.S. The other option you could have is just be nice to others and let the Gellars of the world and radical mooslims sort out their own mess.

There are no gray areas to the Islamic “true believer”. None at all.

To address other comments you made (in quotations):

Many mooslims don't care what you think of their religion. That's truth.”

That is indeed true. According to the Muslim apologists are the Gallup Center of Islamic Studies only 10% of Muslims worldwide support jihad. Let’s test your math skills. What is 10% of 3.5 billion? That is the number that wants to kill you.

If it wasn't for idiots like Gellar, we wouldn't be talking about a shooting in Texas …. “Don't fear Islam or mooslims.”

Maybe we would be talking about the 3,000 people who have been killed on American soil by Islamists since 2001. Yeah … Don’t fear them. Just because they could bring a RPG across the border from Juarez and hit a yellow school bus or hit a soft target like a day care doesn’t mean we should worry.

I can argue all day, most days.”

Do not flatter yourself. Regarding this subject? You have demonstrated that you have an absolutely failed understanding of our Constitution and subsequently you are adding about as much to this conversation as a troll.

Quit supporting idiots like Gellar or Westboro, they don't represent us (America).”

Speaking of your failure to understand our Constitution, again …. This has nothing to do with supporting their beliefs or their actions. It is about their right to free speech.

“In fact Islam and Christianity share this need to convert each other, which creates this rift dating back to the crusades...Judaism doesn't share this.”

What you don’t understand or possibly can’t comprehend is that there is a difference between someone coming to your door and trying to sell the Word of Jesus Christ with you and someone coming to your door to cut your head off because you are “not of the (right) book”. To say that there is no jihad in Oklahoma so we should not worry goes back to the sand pit you must have in Pink because it completely and childishly ignores what Islam has done over the last 1,300 plus years.

To this and your comment regarding the “Crusades”, you should try to read about them to understand how well trying to ignore the Islamists worked for 400 years and with that, what started the first Crusade.

“I aint gonna banter back n forth with you unless you can give 1 legitimate argument on how Gellars contest did anything but serve a hateful purpose and almost got lotsa people killed. Try real hard, please, otherwise you ain't contributing anything but how women should dress.”

Let me try this again. Blaming Geller for her right to free speech and trying to limit her free speech rights so not to not offend radicals Islamists that have been killing people for 1,300 plus years is like blaming a woman for dressing “provocatively” when she gets raped.

One legitimate reason

Had you a modicum of an understanding about our First Amendment you wouldn’t be asking that question.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are no gray areas to the Islamic “true believer”. None at all.

To address other comments you made (in quotations):

Many mooslims don't care what you think of their religion. That's truth.”

That is indeed true. According to the Muslim apologists are the Gallup Center of Islamic Studies only 10% of Muslims worldwide support jihad. Let’s test your math skills. What is 10% of 3.5 billion? That is the number that wants to kill you.

If it wasn't for idiots like Gellar, we wouldn't be talking about a shooting in Texas …. “Don't fear Islam or mooslims.”

Maybe we would be talking about the 3,000 people who have been killed on American soil by Islamists since 2001. Yeah … Don’t fear them. Just because they could bring a RPG across the border from Juarez and hit a yellow school bus or hit a soft target like a day care doesn’t mean we should worry.

I can argue all day, most days.”

Do not flatter yourself. Regarding this subject? You have demonstrated that you have an absolutely failed understanding of our Constitution and subsequently you are adding about as much to this conversation as a troll.

Quit supporting idiots like Gellar or Westboro, they don't represent us (America).”

Speaking of your failure to understand our Constitution, again …. This has nothing to do with supporting their beliefs or their actions. It is about their right to free speech.

“In fact Islam and Christianity share this need to convert each other, which creates this rift dating back to the crusades...Judaism doesn't share this.”

What you don’t understand or possibly can’t comprehend is that there is a difference between someone coming to your door and trying to sell the Word of Jesus Christ with you and someone coming to your door to cut your head off because you are “not of the (right) book”. To say that there is no jihad in Oklahoma so we should not worry goes back to the sand pit you must have in Pink because it completely and childishly ignores what Islam has done over the last 1,300 plus years.

To this and your comment regarding the “Crusades”, you should try to read about them to understand how well trying to ignore the Islamists worked for 400 years and with that, what started the first Crusade.

“I aint gonna banter back n forth with you unless you can give 1 legitimate argument on how Gellars contest did anything but serve a hateful purpose and almost got lotsa people killed. Try real hard, please, otherwise you ain't contributing anything but how women should dress.”

Let me try this again. Blaming Geller for her right to free speech and trying to limit her free speech rights so not to not offend radicals Islamists that have been killing people for 1,300 plus years is like blaming a woman for dressing “provocatively” when she gets raped.

One legitimate reason

Had you a modicum of an understanding about our First Amendment you wouldn’t be asking that question.

You make me yawn at your ignorance. You bore me, go play with GlocktoGo.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Earlier in this thread I made reference to seeing different sides of arguments. A quarter has 3 sides. Heads, Tails and the edge. Things are only black or white in your world.....but there are gray areas, in fact there's many colors but you've narrowed the argument down to 2 things; this way or that way.

True - I believe that a thing either exists or does not exist.

Islam ain't going away unless we outlaw that religion in the U.S. The other option you could have is just be nice to others and let the Gellars of the world and radical mooslims sort out their own mess.

The other option those that practice Islam have is just to adapt to the social norms of the society in which they've come to live. Their refusal to do so does not create an obligation on the part of others to accomodate their sensibilities and superstitions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom