Free speech, Garland Tx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I ain't missed your point....and you ain't being patriotic hooping up anti mooslim rhetoric on a forum.

Our founders where fighting for Independence, Liberty, Freedom, and not to be taxed without representation in Government. Oh and justice for all.

This is part of the problem. You view factual statements to Islam’s history of violence as “stirring up” anti-Muslim sentiment. The Islamists are the problem … not freedom of speech. IF the Muslims didn’t believe that their religion trumps our rights and our constitution, this would not be an issue.

And correct, our founders fought for but did not concede our rights due to reprisal from the crown.

Look, everyone knows that you are not against freedom of speech. You are not trying to argue a pro-Islamic much less an apologist position. You just don’t want some cheese dick Muslim to be provoked to kill people. We get it. BUT the act of doing such is conceding to their will and diminishing our rights.

Pamela Geller needs to do what she did if freedom of speech is to outweigh Sharia law. The Islamists believe that their religion trumps our republic and our rights. Screw that and screw them too.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right are individual "things".....when a group, such as Gellars contestants, endangers those in the community, her rights cease to a certain extent. If she wants to invoke her right to free speech cool, let her draw lil allah cartoons, then if she wins stupid prizes, it's on her......but if her cartoon contest provokes a bomb blast that kills hundreds near the the show, she has overstepped her bounds.

If her and others like her, provoke mooslims to the extent our Nation goes to war for attacks, that's kinda where her rights stop and the Nation's rights begin.[/QUOTE]

Sir, this will be my last post directed at you on this subject. You are too obtuse or unwilling to concede that FREE SPEECH, does not give anyone the right to attack or kill anyone! You keep making the point over and over, that some Muslims are a danger, because they do not respect the rights of free speech that we currently enjoy in the USA. Where will this appeasement end? Will we, as others have pointed out, dress ourselves to conform to Muslim standards? Give up music, dancing and booze, because it offends these folks? As you stated, we are in danger every time we do something that might piss these guys off. I'll take dangerous freedom over safe slavery any day.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is part of the problem. You view factual statements to Islam’s history of violence as “stirring up” anti-Muslim sentiment. The Islamists are the problem … not freedom of speech. IF the Muslims didn’t believe that their religion trumps our rights and our constitution, this would not be an issue.

And correct, our founders fought for but did not concede our rights due to reprisal from the crown.

Look, everyone knows that you are not against freedom of speech. You are not trying to argue a pro-Islamic much less an apologist position. You just don’t want some cheese dick Muslim to be provoked to kill people. We get it. BUT the act of doing such is conceding to their will and diminishing our rights.

Pamela Geller needs to do what she did if freedom of speech is to outweigh Sharia law. The Islamists believe that their religion trumps our republic and our rights. Screw that and screw them too.

Okay, now your getting somewhere. Your afraid of losing your individual rights because a few mooslims tried to kill some people at a art contest in Texas.

And you're afraid that Sharia Law will soon be the law of the land in lil ol Edmond Oklahoma.

Trust me Mr. R K9 J, the greatest danger that you fear will only come to pass if you don't excersize the right to vote. Don't vote for mooslims would be your best policy to counter your fears.

Don't fear Islam or mooslims, fear the idiot politicians that are eroding your rights.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Right are individual "things".....when a group, such as Gellars contestants, endangers those in the community, her rights cease to a certain extent. If she wants to invoke her right to free speech cool, let her draw lil allah cartoons, then if she wins stupid prizes, it's on her......but if her cartoon contest provokes a bomb blast that kills hundreds near the the show, she has overstepped her bounds.

If her and others like her, provoke mooslims to the extent our Nation goes to war for attacks, that's kinda where her rights stop and the Nation's rights begin.

Sir, this will be my last post directed at you on this subject. You are too obtuse or unwilling to concede that FREE SPEECH, does not give anyone the right to attack or kill anyone! You keep making the point over and over, that some Muslims are a danger, because they do not respect the rights of free speech that we currently enjoy in the USA. Where will this appeasement end? Will we, as others have pointed out, dress ourselves to conform to Muslim standards? Give up music, dancing and booze, because it offends these folks? As you stated, we are in danger every time we do something that might piss these guys off. I'll take dangerous freedom over safe slavery any day.[/QUOTE]

I guess you too think Durant is in danger if becoming little Afghanistan and your kids will have to worship Allah.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, now your getting somewhere. Your afraid of losing your individual rights because a few mooslims tried to kill some people at a art contest in Texas.

And you're afraid that Sharia Law will soon be the law of the land in lil ol Edmond Oklahoma.

Trust me Mr. R K9 J, the greatest danger that you fear will only come to pass if you don't excersize the right to vote. Don't vote for mooslims would be your best policy to counter your fears.

Don't fear Islam or mooslims, fear the idiot politicians that are eroding your rights.

Your premise that Muslims are a minority and can be outvoted is shaky. It can be argued that they are a rapidly growing group or have the potential to grow rapidly in the U.S.. Some would say that is their plan.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a Mooslim, buddist, catholic, jew, agnostic. Maybe I hate free speech, maybe I hate art, maybe I'm a pacifist.

Some of you guys need to take a breath. I can argue all day, most days. Most times I choose to argue from the other side because OSA is loaded with like minded people.

Laugh a little, our free speech ain't in danger, mooslims ain't invading us, sharia can't ever be our law of the land.

If ya wanna wig out and get serious, fight our politicians who pass laws restrictions free speech rights, rights to bear arms, rights to practice religion, rights to not be taxed into oblivion.

Quit supporting idiots like Gellar or Westboro, they don't represent us(America).

Lastly, treat individuals with respect and dignity, don't go lookin for a fight, ya might find one.

Lastly again. Name a war that terrorists/rebels/gurrellas haven't either won or influenced change? The world is changeing, find a seat at the table or get left out.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Your premise that Muslims are a minority and can be outvoted is shaky. It can be argued that they are a rapidly growing group or have the potential to grow rapidly in the U.S.. Some would say that is their plan.

My premise is shakey???? You your very own skills at Googleing the mooslim population in the US, Oklahoma, your county or your town. Then Google our population, state population, county population, city population.

Hint.....those dollar general stores popping up in every neighborhood ain't mosques. And every dark skinned fella ain't mooslim.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will break my word and respond to you one more time. Fear has nothing to do with my position, I believe in Free speech and the other rights granted to us by our creator. Self censoring to keep from pissing someone off, is a no win situation, as some will always find a reason to be pissed. As to Durant becoming sharia compliant, you might be startled to learn the number of Muslims in Durant, (South Eastern State University is located here, and I've had many a Muslim as class mate, starting in 1980). And since I have no children, I'm not worried that they will be forced to convert or die.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Woody, your "truth" is skewed. Many mooslims don't care what you think of their religion. That's truth. You blab on about muslims and sharia like it's all over Logan county. I doubt yall have any mosques in your neck of the woods.

If it wasn't for idiots like Gellar, we wouldn't be talking about a shooting in Texas.

It doesn't matter if they are a thousand miles away. They are a threat to the US and our way of life.

Geller smoked out two Muslims that won't be a problem in the future. Whether the smoke-out was deliberate or coincidental doesn't matter.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a Navy vet, surely you know the history of pirating, hostages, impressment and ransoms......mooslims were not the first, worst, last or most. Beside we fought that War long before steel ships.

Find a better reason to hate mooslims.

I don't hate them and I don't want to hate them. I want to save them. Even if they simply became atheist it would be better than what they are now.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom