Free speech, Garland Tx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As has been stated, Geller only had a volunteer attendance. Nobody was in danger unless they wanted to be in that situation. The security detail was voluntary as well, and had intel from the FBI this might occur two days earlier.

Those are the facts.

More facts, this may have been previously know about and prevented.

As previously stated n debated, there could have been a McVeigh type of bomb that would have not only blew away and killed the volunteer contestants but it could easily destroy buildings n property and businesses that didn't volunteer.

It could have been much worse.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I still cling to my assertion that if you want to believe in and promote free speech, prepare to be offended, and you must tolerate such offense. Is it distasteful? Perhaps - to some but not to others. I know another board I frequent where many of the posters praised the crucifix in urine and are quick to vehemently oppose anything religious (especially Christian) and some have called for the outright outlawing of Christianity.

But that's their right. And last I heard, that stuff is tolerated in the US today. But we dare not ask the Islamic community to tolerate any similar protest or satire. In good or in poor taste.

It's my opinion... right or wrong, I dunno, but it's what I believe. And it's what I believe is the intent of the first amendment.

Only speech that is controversial needs protection.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Producing and displaying satire is nowhere near yelling fire in a crowded theater.

One doesn't have to be a patriot or a hero to excerise free expression, that's the beauty of this country.

I do not fear muslims, they will attack, not a thing I can do about it. I will not change my life to avoid pissing off anyone other than my wife.

Will you fight for your God? Will you willingly strap a bomb to your butt to die for your religion? God talks/speaks to Christians everyday, ask them. If he tells a Christian to go die in the name of Jesus, how is that any different than Allah telling his flock to defend his honor? It's not. Truth is, not many Christians have the balls to follow their Holy Scriptures. Christians don't take blasphemy serious, Muslims do.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More facts, this may have been previously know about and prevented.

As previously stated n debated, there could have been a McVeigh type of bomb that would have not only blew away and killed the volunteer contestants but it could easily destroy buildings n property and businesses that didn't volunteer.

It could have been much worse.

Not really, the subjects were in the radar. The security detail had two days notice. They just didn't know the exact location or method of attack.

Fortunately, it happened during the watch of a marksman.

All appropriate measures to secure the safety of the area were performed.

Job well done by the Garland police and others that we may not know that were involved.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will you fight for your God? Will you willingly strap a bomb to your butt to die for your religion? God talks/speaks to Christians everyday, ask them. If he tells a Christian to go die in the name of Jesus, how is that any different than Allah telling his flock to defend his honor? It's not. Truth is, not many Christians have the balls to follow their Holy Scriptures. Christians don't take blasphemy serious, Muslims do.

I will fight for my God, my family and my rights. The government is on it's own.

In this country, blasphemy is accepted and tolerated and protected speech.

What does loyalty to any god have to do with free speech?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess I still cling to my assertion that if you want to believe in and promote free speech, prepare to be offended, and you must tolerate such offense. Is it distasteful? Perhaps - to some but not to others. I know another board I frequent where many of the posters praised the crucifix in urine and are quick to vehemently oppose anything religious (especially Christian) and some have called for the outright outlawing of Christianity.

But that's their right. And last I heard, that stuff is tolerated in the US today. But we dare not ask the Islamic community to tolerate any similar protest or satire. In good or in poor taste.

It's my opinion... right or wrong, I dunno, but it's what I believe. And it's what I believe is the intent of the first amendment.

Only speech that is controversial needs protection.

See, I understand it a little different. There are radical muslims, who are very literal in their beliefs. Sure it'd be nice if they tolerated a joke about God. But a few dont. Jokes ain't funny to them. I agree radical muslims are weird....growing beards, and Makin their women wear head coverings, and not letting little girls go to school and making little boys quit after 8th grade and not eating pork and chanting from bibles......Weird Christians do same thing......Mormons want to marry a 100 women, 7th day adventist beat on doors across the nation bugging the hell out of people......some Muslims will chop off your head. They take this stuff serious. They don't joke about God, he's holy, his book is holy.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I will fight for my God, my family and my rights. The government is on it's own.

God talks to his flock. He tells Christians to be tolerant and muslims to chop off heads, I guess.

God forgives Christians when they don't follow his word, perhaps he ain't made a pact with muslims. So they have to defend his honor, while a Christian can turn the other cheek.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Oh, sorry, What does God have to do with Free Speech? Well God gave us these rights.....we didn't just pull them out of the air. He created Free Speech. In fact, the 2A, he created that before guns n spears n rocks n hands were thought of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom