Friend with felony conviction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An expungement does not apply to a "felony conviction." An expungement applies at the end of a deferred sentence. When an individual receives a deferred sentence, it is all probation. After the period of the deferred is finished and they have kept their "nose clean," then they can go back to court and have the expungement applied.

Now, if your friend had a suspended sentence or actually spent time in prison, they can then go through some procedure seeking a pardon from the governor if it is a state criminal occurrence, or, if it is a federal crime, they can seek a pardon through the justice department and the President.

In either case, your friend again has a need for a good attorney.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think of this song ever time I hear something like this, their debt to society is never paid. Know some that are a good a person as you could ask for, just made one mistake.
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DsXsN4VjuDE[/video]

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had this EXACT same situation occur, and I asked a lawyer friend of mine who has been practicing law since the 1970s, and he told me that under no circumstances would it be ok for my friend with a felony conviction to be in possession of my firearms.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Asking out of ignorance here..... Does any felony count? Meaning if it was a non-violent offense does it still count? Know someone that I have shot with that has multiple DUIs from a past life. He's been clean for years but I've never asked him if he has a felony.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, any felony.
The legal system has been putting way to much emphasis on anything being a felony. Even minor things. Then you have to hire an attorney to expunge your record if it's a non violent offense.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the biggest injustices is stripping the rights of a non-violent felon. I wish a legislator had the courage to challenge this. Many good people that were guilty (and some not) of minor white collar crimes are simply exempt from what our founder's recognized as God given rights.

It won't be long before they find ways to make us all felons to take ours away too.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're 'good enough to be free, that's good enough for me'. Another thread I know, but why keep a man down and kicked the REST of his life? I don't like our legal system sometimes. And just like the real world, criminals that want guns won't be dissuaded by another conviction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom