Friend with felony conviction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're 'good enough to be free, that's good enough for me'. Another thread I know, but why keep a man down and kicked the REST of his life? I don't like our legal system sometimes. And just like the real world, criminals that want guns won't be dissuaded by another conviction.

You ok with child molesters who've "served their time" being allowed to get a job at Chuckie Cheese's or at a daycare? Just curious how far your compassion extends.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You ok with child molesters who've "served their time" being allowed to get a job at Chuckie Cheese's or at a daycare? Just curious how far your compassion extends.

If we've set them free as a society, presuming the are 'rehabilitated', why do we put so many restrictions on them? I'm not saying that there shouldn't be some restrictions, but there are things I'm willing to see treated differently. And yes, I have first hand experience with this in my family.

Cougar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Child molesters, rapists, and murderers shouldn't have prison time to begin with.

A valid response I had not considered. Thank you.

If we've set them free as a society, presuming the are 'rehabilitated', why do we put so many restrictions on them? I'm not saying that there shouldn't be some restrictions, but there are things I'm willing to see treated differently. And yes, I have first hand experience with this in my family.

So do I... I was just wondering. I mean it sounded from your previous statement like you thought once prison time had been served, everything else should be restored. Not starting a fight, just trying to stimulate discussion.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can own and shoot a muzzleloader.

Not in Oklahoma.

I have a good friend that went through this last summer and he specifically asked the court and his probation officer if it was legal for a convicted felon to possess a muzzleloader in Oklahoma. Under Federal Law it is legal, however, it is against Oklahoma statutes.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A valid response I had not considered. Thank you.

So do I... I was just wondering. I mean it sounded from your previous statement like you thought once prison time had been served, everything else should be restored. Not starting a fight, just trying to stimulate discussion.

Once upon a time it was just exactly that. But sentences were a whole lot closer to reality back then too and they didn't get cable, gyms, etc. while they were in the system.

Not in Oklahoma.

I have a good friend that went through this last summer and he specifically asked the court and his probation officer if it was legal for a convicted felon to possess a muzzleloader in Oklahoma. Under Federal Law it is legal, however, it is against Oklahoma statutes.

I think that OK law has changed in the last few years. Used to be that a BP gun was not legally considered a firearm at all. But I think you are correct today.

dt405gt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are asking for a felony as well. A felon cannot possess (whether he owns it or not) a firearm. You could probably get away with it, but why take the chance? Find someone with some land and fire away!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not in Oklahoma.

I read the Federal statutes. Figured OK followed them. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom