Friend with felony conviction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He needs to talk to a lawyer from whatever state the conviction was in about getting the felony pardoned. In OK, pardoned felons can have their privilege to bear arms reinstated through a pardon if it was a non-violent felony.

Even muzzle loaders are prohibited for ownership by felons in OK, the way the OK statutes define "firearm."

If a person completes a deferred sentence for a non-violent felony, what is the status of their firearm ownership rights?

irish_whiskey

New to the site!
Reaction score
http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/loc...cle_a7386070-24f3-559f-9d58-854bd4397bb7.html
According to court records, Bales and the victim had been arguing for several hours. As the argument escalated, Bales grabbed a pistol from the back of a friend’s pants after seeing a rifle in the cab of Alberty’s truck, according to a probable-cause affidavit.

Bales walked to Alberty’s truck, and as he neared Alberty, he saw the victim reach toward the rifle. Bales aimed the pistol in the direction of Alberty, turned his head and fired one shot, according to court records.

Alberty was found in the front seat of his pickup truck with a gunshot wound to the head, court records show.

Not as clear cut as you posted.
Alberty drove onto the property, they verbally argued for a few moments at which point Alberty pointed a rifle in Bales face, as testified by a 15 year old who witnessed it, prior to Bales arming himself and telling the man to leave his property!! At which point Alberty started screaming he was going to shoot Bales even though Bales had not pointed his weapon at him!! Alberty reached for the rifle in his lap and in the process of pointing it at Bales a second time Bales shot and killed him!! A man on your property with a gun saying he is going to shoot you, what else can you do but eliminate the threat!!!!

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alberty drove onto the property, they verbally argued for a few moments at which point Alberty pointed a rifle in Bales face, as testified by a 15 year old who witnessed it, prior to Bales arming himself and telling the man to leave his property!! At which point Alberty started screaming he was going to shoot Bales even though Bales had not pointed his weapon at him!! Alberty reached for the rifle in his lap and in the process of pointing it at Bales a second time Bales shot and killed him!! A man on your property with a gun saying he is going to shoot you, what else can you do but eliminate the threat!!!!
Court records said Bales aimed the gun "in the direction of", turned his head and fired. Not the way to defend yourself and opens you up to manslaughter or negligent homicide charge. You have to tell your story the right way. Kenneth Gumm made the same mistake in 2007.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can own and shoot a muzzleloader.
As well as bows & arrows and an orange Dodge Charger with a Confederate flag on the roof.
not legally...well except for the Charger ...as long as its not stolen

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
means we will have to visit somewhere besides my room and I will for sure not be driving him around in my car either due to I am not not going to be carrying because of his troubles. Not my problem. Matter of fact, I probably better check with my brother and see who else I shouldnt hang around with while there.

You can be around them, with your gun. As long as you maintain positive control of the gun (keep it in your possession at all times), you should be fine. He can't have actual or constructive (I think that's the right word) possession of the gun, meaning he can't be around with the gun sitting out on a table or chair, for example.

Latest posts

Top Bottom