Friend with felony conviction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the multiple DUI convictions post,, in years past they used to hand out dui's like speeding tickets.

Yeah... to people who were drinking. Was that wrong? I'm failing to see the point here... if you get arrested for DUI and your blood test comes back negative, it gets dismissed. Are you trying to say that previously people got convicted of DUI without being impaired?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im spending a few days this week in my hometown. I will be visiting with an old family friend who just got out of federal prison some months ago. He was an insurance executive who with his other 2 cohorts, the CEO and vice president, stole about $4 million from investors. Our parents are best friends since their highschool days and we were best friends all thru school too. He was our class valedictorian. He is running a B&B now for his family and I am going to be staying there. He doesnt stay there, just manages the place for his family. The mere fact he is a felon, and non violent means nada to me, means we will have to visit somewhere besides my room and I will for sure not be driving him around in my car either due to I am not not going to be carrying because of his troubles. Not my problem. Matter of fact, I probably better check with my brother and see who else I shouldnt hang around with while there.

OUinLA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Multiple DUI's doesn't necessarily mean felony. It depends where he got them and how they were filed. Example: I could get a city charge/ticket DUI in Okc and then get the exact same arrest in Norman but since they were filed city they don't count against each other. If they file state charges then it follows you closely and "counts" more. I'm a deputy so I have to file state. City police can file either.

I'm glad your friend that has the felony is doing good. They are tough to get away from, especially regarding employment. I would really like to see some reclassification of crimes/felonies. When is comes to sentencing we have what we call misdefelonies or felomeaners. They break the rules of typical sentencing, such as jail time for a felony but people still get a felony on their record. Lastly, as mentioned before, there is a possibility he can receive a pardon. I'd suggest using an attorney or someone very well spoken to prepare the statement.

irish_whiskey

New to the site!
Reaction score
Google search Timothy Duane Bales of Colcord Oklahoma. A man drove onto his property, shoved a Ruger 10/22 in his face not once but twice prior to Tim shooting and killing him. Tim was convicted of second degree murder do to the wording of Oklahoma Law!! Served 8 years for defending his life!! Now he is considered a violent felon!! How many of you would shoot a maniac for pointing a gun at you and threatening your life?? He didn't consider losing his rights to guns or voting or going to prison. His thoughts were of staying alive, so to all the comments about thinking before committing a felony, sometimes you have more important things to consider first, like being alive!!!!

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google search Timothy Duane Bales of Colcord Oklahoma. A man drove onto his property, shoved a Ruger 10/22 in his face not once but twice prior to Tim shooting and killing him. Tim was convicted of second degree murder do to the wording of Oklahoma Law!! Served 8 years for defending his life!! Now he is considered a violent felon!! How many of you would shoot a maniac for pointing a gun at you and threatening your life?? He didn't consider losing his rights to guns or voting or going to prison. His thoughts were of staying alive, so to all the comments about thinking before committing a felony, sometimes you have more important things to consider first, like being alive!!!!
http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/loc...cle_a7386070-24f3-559f-9d58-854bd4397bb7.html
According to court records, Bales and the victim had been arguing for several hours. As the argument escalated, Bales grabbed a pistol from the back of a friend’s pants after seeing a rifle in the cab of Alberty’s truck, according to a probable-cause affidavit.

Bales walked to Alberty’s truck, and as he neared Alberty, he saw the victim reach toward the rifle. Bales aimed the pistol in the direction of Alberty, turned his head and fired one shot, according to court records.

Alberty was found in the front seat of his pickup truck with a gunshot wound to the head, court records show.

Not as clear cut as you posted.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He needs to talk to a lawyer from whatever state the conviction was in about getting the felony pardoned. In OK, pardoned felons can have their privilege to bear arms reinstated through a pardon if it was a non-violent felony.

Even muzzle loaders are prohibited for ownership by felons in OK, the way the OK statutes define "firearm."

Latest posts

Top Bottom