fte problem with ar15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Winner winner chicken dinner....SMS!!!!...it's a 9mm bolt...going to exchange it now. Thanks everyone for your help.

Whichever caliber it turned out to be...you fired 400 rounds with that bolt in a 5.56 gun? Have you been getting FTEs the whole time?

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is way bigger than 5.56, but it is not a 9mm. 9mm is blowback and has no locking lugs. 9mm also does not have a seperate bolt head. It is machined as part of the carrier. I think SMS was right about it being a x39 or some other caliber.

Glad you got it figured out.

brain fart...that's what I meant to type....hands do their own think sometimes

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whichever caliber it turned out to be...you fired 400 rounds with that bolt in a 5.56 gun? Have you been getting FTEs the whole time?

no, not with this bolt...old bolt had an issue and would go full auto on its own...change it out and this was the first try with this bolt...just took it back to who swapped the bolts and he made it right for me

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no, not with this bolt...old bolt had an issue and would go full auto on its own...change it out and this was the first try with this bolt...just took it back to who swapped the bolts and he made it right for me

Holy hell, hope it wasn't a gunsmith or local shop! If it was, you might consider sharing....that's more than an innocent "oops".

Last edited:

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was local, but an honest mistake and seeing how he made it right with me I don't feel he needs to be outed for it. people make mistakes.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bolts don't make it go full auto usually.
if your having FA issues you need to look at your fire control group.

Latest posts

Top Bottom