g17 or 92fs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
92fs has a much better trigger pull in my opinion, but its a lot heavier. If you are only going to shoot glocks you would be fine with a glock. The problem is when you get bit by the 1911 bug the 1911 trigger is WAY DIFFERENT than the Glock.

Both are great choices though

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that he was referring to the "G" model where the safety selector works as a decocker only.

I have a 92G. The lever on the slide does not stay down. It springs back up after dropping the hammer. I have had more than one person ask what was wrong with my safety.

There is also a D model that is DAO with a slick slide. They are not very common but they are out there.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....and it doesn't have the slanted dust cover that the 92/96 frame has.

Just to be correct, the 92/96's were originally made with straight dust covers. They 96 straight dust covers had a problem with cracking so they made them slanted to give the frame more integrity. IIRC the 92/96 use the same frame so the change effected the entire line. Straight cover 92's are not hard to find.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Model history:
92 - Manual safety, heel release
92S - Slide safety decocker, heel release
92SB - Ambi slide safety decocker, thumb release
92F - Same as above, but with a squared trigger guard
92FS - Same as 92F, but with slide stop
92G - Same as FS, but with decock only lever (no safe)
92D - Same as FS, but DAO with no lever on slide

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think that he was referring to the "G" model where the safety selector works as a decocker only.

I have a 92G. The lever on the slide does not stay down. It springs back up after dropping the hammer. I have had more than one person ask what was wrong with my safety.

There is also a D model that is DAO with a slick slide. They are not very common but they are out there.

Model history:
92 - Manual safety, heel release
92S - Slide safety decocker, heel release
92SB - Ambi slide safety decocker, thumb release
92F - Same as above, but with a squared trigger guard
92FS - Same as 92F, but with slide stop
92G - Same as FS, but with decock only lever (no safe)
92D - Same as FS, but DAO with no lever on slide

Thank you guys, my old feeble mind couldn't remember all those model numbers!!!

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm always amazed at how silly people look when they start "bashing" a firearm that isn't the one they like...there isn't really anything to bash about either, there are just preferences.

I prefer:

Exposed hammer
Safety
DA/SA option

I choose the B92/M9 in A1 option because it offers me the above PLUS CTC grips, light rail and with MecGar +2 caps, 21 rounds of 9mm (why do people keep acting like B92 capacity isn't high?)

Anyway, since I run my pistols suppressed, the B92 get another advantage with the exposed factory barrel being able to easily be threaded and that makes it MY favorite.

So, Capacity of 21 rounds, rail, DA/SA option, Safety, proven reliability/durability, Decades worth of combat use, CTC grips, factory threaded barrel for suppressors...seems to be the best choice to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom