Game Warden Power ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had a GW come into the field to check me.
Never quite understood it, but after 5 or 6 checks on the same property, they still ask if I know who I'm hunting on for the Gotcha question.

They always wait around my vehicle, and I'm sure they have observed me way before getting there.

Never had a bad occasion with them as I go out of my way to be legal as far as I know I am, and err on the side of caution.

Always had a first name basis with all in my area and have no problem letting them know something is not right.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We live in a police state. They can do whatever they want because nobody has the balls to challenge them. You are guilty until proven innocent. Supposed to be the other
way around though.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I like having the Wardens around my hunting area, I do think it is interesting that we have all just become used to them being able to stop and check us even though we did nothing wrong. Just think if police hung out by your car in the walmart parking lot so they could "check" your license and insurance before you take your groceries home...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the GW will offer a post 12. Sexual escapades while on duty? Nah, never happen....

Welllllllllllllllll, there was this young, blonde GW (25 or so, fresh on the job) that patrolled the beach east of Galveston. She would always stop and chat, but never checked license or offered Post 12. I would have happily complied.

I was just getting set up one morning, had 2 rods in the holders with line and sinker just in the water.
She stops and asked if I had caught anything?
Tell her no, that I wasn't even fishing.
She looks at the rods and the me.
I walk over and lift the line, show her the sinker is barely in the water with no hooks.
She asks why I would that?

I say, "without them, I am an old, perv drinking beer and ogling girls on the beach. With them, I am just another fisherman."

She laughs and wishes me luck. Would always and stop, always friendly. As she left, I would say, "hate to see you leave, but I LOVE watching you walk away."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back to the OP, GW's can enforce federal laws as well. (migratory birds, etc,)

They can even cross state lines in some occasions for federal violations that happen in Ok.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of Wardens. Any of you guys follow their new page on FB? I currently am. However, I am rethinking that decision. The "high and mighty" vibe is extremely prevalent on the page to me.

No! Say it ain't so!

Actually, 99% of GWs I've come in contact with have been great guys. Even when one (mistakenly) thought I had committed a violation, he acted with courtesy and professionalism.
There's one in my area now, however that does seem to think he's really special. He stays in his truck mostly, unless he's at a fast food joint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom