Game Warden Power ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. Bottom line for me, at least, is that I am always licensed and tagged. I don't mind getting checked when I am back at my truck or not in the act of hunting (which has never happened). Heck, I have shot the breeze with several GW's and they are usually full of good information. I can find NOTHING in any code that gives them "special" powers. I think that just like regular law enforcement, Case Law has given them the authority they have. A judge deciding if the actions taken were reasonable under the statute.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know what im getting at...

I most definitely do, but at the same time it doesn't bug me. If you never take an illegal shot, then it is something no one should worry about. I think it is good for catching poachers, because it isn't going to catch the good guy that doesn't take a shot.

The same applies to road blocks where they check to see if you have a license/insurance/drunk. Driving is a privilege, just as is hunting, and you only get in trouble in that situation if you are breaking the law. I understand the give and take on our freedoms by actions like this, but I believe (but have never looked into numbers on anything of the nature), that more good than bad comes for either of them, and I mean more good to the general law abiding public like you and myself.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I most definitely do, but at the same time it doesn't bug me. If you never take an illegal shot, then it is something no one should worry about. I think it is good for catching poachers, because it isn't going to catch the good guy that doesn't take a shot.

The same applies to road blocks where they check to see if you have a license/insurance/drunk. Driving is a privilege, just as is hunting, and you only get in trouble in that situation if you are breaking the law. I understand the give and take on our freedoms by actions like this, but I believe (but have never looked into numbers on anything of the nature), that more good than bad comes for either of them, and I mean more good to the general law abiding public like you and myself.

Actually hunting is a Constitutional Right in Oklahoma....
The right to travel is too, but driving is not.

I just see it as putting people in a fictitious situation trying to coax them into doing something illegal. Something they'd of never done if not put in that situation.
Kinda like a prostituion sting.
I mean damn! If some hot ass lady cop came up to me offering a Post 12 while I'm siting in y truck on my lunch break. I can't promise Id turn it down. There's a good chance Id be like "Well..... I've got $20 and a half hour to kill. Why not!"
But Its not something Id go looking for.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually hunting is a Constitutional Right in Oklahoma....
The right to travel is too, but driving is not.

I just see it as putting people in a fictitious situation trying to coax them into doing something illegal. Something they'd of never done if not put in that situation.
Kinda like a prostituion sting.
I mean damn! If some hot ass lady cop came up to me offering a Post 12 while I'm siting in y truck on my lunch break. I can't promise Id turn it down. There's a good chance Id be like "Well..... I've got $20 and a half hour to . Why not!"
But Its not something Id go looking for.

Learn something new everyday. I had no idea it was a Constitutional Right. Thanks for sharing that.

Eh, if you are willing to pay for a post 12, you are going to pay for a post 12 at some point, but weather or not you get caught is dependent on the situation . Personally, if she's doing it for free, have at it, but I'm darn sure not paying for it, I pay my wife enough as it is, and don't get it often enough. -- derailment done, lol.

To me, a law abiding person, is going to follow the law, weather someone that can enforce is present or not. Why would a person do something they would never seek out to do at any other time, just because it was readily available? Poor decision? Lack of will power?

Just like meth. A person walking down the road finds meth, never done drugs in their life, and never had the desire to. Are they now going to do that meth just because the situation presented itself? Or bait cars, just because keys are in a car, do you have to steal it? You shouldn't even be looking in a car to realize that there are keys in it to begin with. People that are looking for no good, will always find it, weather it is falsely presented to them, or a genuine situation. What that person does in that situation, whether it be a setup, or not, is still an indicator of that person's motives.

Don't even get me started on To Catch a Predator.... "I was just there to tell her to change her ways, and make sure she was ok! I swear!" .... right. All comes from some mysterious XX teenage girls starting a conversation with you in a chat room....

It's just my opinion, but good people will do good things, and walk away from the temptation of doing bad.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Entrapment or enticement? If your character is weak enough to be enticed to take the shot and it's actually your first time perhaps it will be your last time. The game wardens are doing you a favor by hopefully teaching you right from wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom