Gas cans and Gas Storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never worry about being out of electricity during natural events with my generator. At one point during the Ice Storm of 07, QT was out of gas.

same here .. during ice storm of 07 our power was out for 2 1/2 weeks. gas stations had no power to pump fuel and/or out .. found out the best generator is the smallest genset you can get by with.

what ran the most was a Yamaha 1,000 watt and Honda 2,500 watt .. we heat with wood so stayed toasty but fan still need electric. most times there's 15 -20 gallons on hand.

plans are to switch to diesel genset since my primary vehicle runs on diesel. runtimes for diesel genset are 2-3x longer vs gasoline. diesel also stores longer ..

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have routinely kept 100 gal in the barn in plastic 5 gal Walmart type containers and another 100 in 2 - 55 gal plastic barrels for the last 25 years, rotating at around 9 months. Never had an issue with 1998 car/truck/1955 tractor/1998 ATV/1982 boat/ZTR/1996 motorcycle/chainsaw/generators. With the full understanding of the professionals opinions, maybe I've been lucky for a real long time but it has worked well for me. Only100% real gas, stored off the ground in a somewhat darken and well vented environment. Winter fuel is a much better grade and will last considerably longer so I try to rotate during the winter months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom