Geissele reaction rod?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My experience is not that extensive but I have used the mag well block and the action rod. I like the action rod better because it is more versatile.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thoughts and opinions? Vs the magpul bev block
Both are good for muzzle device R&R. Neither are good for putting on your barrel nut, no matter what they claim.
Have used the Reaction Rod on a half dozen or so builds plus a few barrel swaps including Troy and one or two other custom barrel nuts, has worked a champ on all - just clamp it in the vice in whatever direction you need to work depending on what you're doing - haven't had any needed at all for a block since I've had it.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have used the Reaction Rod on a half dozen or so builds plus a few barrel swaps including Troy and one or two other custom barrel nuts, has worked a champ on all - just clamp it in the vice in whatever direction you need to work depending on what you're doing - haven't had any needed at all for a block since I've had it.

Just because it will work doesn't mean it's the best option. It will work right up until it doesn't and your barrel indexing pin shears or the slot in your receiver fails.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious, why do you claim neither are good for barrel install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See above. You're holding the barrel but tightening a nut to the receiver. The receiver doesn't spin only because of engagement of the barrel indexing pin into the slot on the receiver. That's not the best option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom