Get ready for Sunday&Monday.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds great... I'm guessing that same 2 upgrades for me would run, oh, about $20-25k. Quite possibly more.

I just don't think it's worth putting that kind of money into this home, sadly. :( Still need to update the kitchen, which is approximately the same $20k, I'd bet, to do it "right". And I'd still have 45 year old crumbling cheap Chinese sheetrock and similar plumbing and electric. <sigh>. I really just want a new house. Out in the country. With some land. Away from people.

Argh, God, I need a drink. This is the last thing I should be thinking about now.

Installed the windows were $5000, but that was 2012 money LOL. That was all inclusive, including a life time warranty, which they replaced one window when my house was broken into in 2018, ****ing **** stains threw a large rock thru a bed room window to gain entry. The installer for the windows did a replacement free of charge, even tho they did not have to since the damage was not manufacture or installer related. That would have been $800 out of pocket for me.

Windows was one of the bet improvements I have done to this old house, so to speak. The difference is night and day when it comes to cooling this place in the hot humid oklahoma summers.

The HVAC was $5400, after a $450 rebate from centerpoint for the furnace part. It has a made a huge difference as well, if it lasts 20 years like my old system did I will be very happy. Performs so much better than the old system did when it was new.

Exterior doors and storm doors were about $1500 installed, not the best but they are pretty damn good. Masonite fiberglass front door with Andersen 3000 self storing storm door and a Masonite steel half lite with mini blinds between the glass and Andersen 3000 self storing storm door for the back. Those were installed in 2018 as well.

Last edited:

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like we are the down side of the great freez of 2021. Froman showed up yesterday, so far we haven't lost power and no busted pipes. Knock on wood! From what I can see we didn't get enough additional snow to cover the tire tracks I made yesterday going after the mail. It's all down hill from here.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
9A53475B-C7F9-4269-BFA9-D1EBC1D93AB3.jpeg

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got about a quarter inch of ice in Temple, on top of the snow from 2 days ago, which is on top of the ice from the ice storm 4 days ago. The term "clusterf***" comes to mind. I'm stuck cuz they don't sand down here.. the strips u see here are from a tow truck company that came to pull that SUV out. They couldn't get up the hill even with the oildri! They left the SUV and backed down the hill and left...lol. I'm stuck on the corner at the bottom of the hill. Can't move. Truck stuck behind me when he failed to climb the hill and slid into a jacknife right behind my trailer
16135864265975249733887614534776.jpg
16135859890164114861416327780571.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom and dad had a deep freeze on the porch at the farm and another one in the basement, yes basement. Dad would tell anyone who went out the door during these below freezing days to be sure to open the freezer door to let some heat out.

That being said, this last Armageddon snow we were supposed to get was a big nothingburger.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got about a quarter inch of ice in Temple, on top of the snow from 2 days ago, which is on top of the ice from the ice storm 4 days ago. The term "clusterf***" comes to mind. I'm stuck cuz they don't sand down here.. the strips u see here are from a tow truck company that came to pull that SUV out. They couldn't get up the hill even with the oildri! They left the SUV and backed down the hill and left...lol. I'm stuck on the corner at the bottom of the hill. Can't move. Truck stuck behind me when he failed to climb the hill and slid into a jacknife right behind my trailerView attachment 193851 View attachment 193850
No chains?

Latest posts

Top Bottom