Get ready for Sunday&Monday.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My pipes froze in half the house and I cant understand it. No hot water in any faucet but I have cold in parts of the house. Laundry room has no cold water and kitchen sing has none. Washer pipes are in the wall so I can see that but the kitchen sing is in the middle of my kitchen. I have cold water in my 2 bathrooms on the other side of the house but no hot. I set a space heater in the water heater closet so hopefully it will thaw whatever it froze. I'm guessing its the water inlet to the tank?

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My pipes froze in half the house and I cant understand it. No hot water in any faucet but I have cold in parts of the house. Laundry room has no cold water and kitchen sing has none. Washer pipes are in the wall so I can see that but the kitchen sing is in the middle of my kitchen. I have cold water in my 2 bathrooms on the other side of the house but no hot. I set a space heater in the water heater closet so hopefully it will thaw whatever it froze. I'm guessing its the water inlet to the tank?
Is your house built on a slab ? Pipes run under the slab ?

Pipes frozen under the slab ?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is your house built on a slab ? Pipes run under the slab ?

Pipes frozen under the slab ?
It is on a slab and the only water lines in any outside wall is the washer lines and drain. Drain is froze and I learned that the hard way. The only exposed lines to freeze are in the water closet in the garage. The "water line tree" is all above the slab, so my thinking is a cold water line to the kitchen froze but why didn't the others to the main bathroom. And I guess the line that feeds the water heater froze.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Channel 9 just got through stating we are at Level 1 now, with rolling blackouts put on the back burner. In the same breadth they were talking fans being toasty at the Thunder game tonight.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Channel 9 just got through stating we are at Level 1 now, with rolling blackouts put on the back burner. In the same breadth they were talking fans being toasty at the Thunder game tonight.
they canceled the Dallas stars two games in a row because of the power/weather issues. the okc politicians though, they gotta keep their circus running for the hordes

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive got 12" of insulation in the attic and the walls seem tight. The cheap ass builder grade windows however, are letting plenty of cold in. As soon as the weather breaks in Spring I'll be calling Thermal Windows of OK to replace them all. I had their windows in my last house and that was the best $7k I ever sent. 13 windows and a sliding back door. I couldnt even hear thunderstorm or hear a Harley speed past. Heating and cooling went down probably
35-40%

We need to get new windows too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom