"Git off mah land!"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of ways to look at this, but I think you are just looking at it one way cause you got your feelings hurt. I think what he was really telling you was, "Quit taking my land for granted! The old rules don't apply. If you want to ride your cycle on my place then come and ask permission." Humble yourself a little, go ask permission and he just might reconsider. What you got to lose?

I think your idea of floating down it in a canoe, without touching the bank, is your little way of protesting. That's not a good way to stay in good relations with your neighbor.

Just my spin on $.02.

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think your idea of floating down it in a canoe, without touching the bank, is your little way of protesting.
- You hit the nail on the head. Eff that guy.

That's not a good way to stay in good relations with your neighbor.
- Point taken, but also, Eff that guy.

It's his land, so I'll stay off now. I can still plink at the bridge over the creek. But I'm taking it back after the Zombie Apocalypse.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think your idea of floating down it in a canoe, without touching the bank, is your little way of protesting.
- You hit the nail on the head. Eff that guy.

That's not a good way to stay in good relations with your neighbor.
- Point taken, but also, Eff that guy.

It's his land, so I'll stay off now. I can still plink at the bridge over the creek. But I'm taking it back after the Zombie Apocalypse.

LOL! I've been on both sides of this fence and I understand your mind set.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A glimmer of hope! A guy work says the Corps of Engineers should own a section of the bank on both sides of the crick. Going to have to dig some more, I guess.

I strongly suggest that you verify through OK law and the local sheriff's office rather than friends and internet lawyers. From what I know, this info is wrong since it is not navigable water way or a Corps Lake, (I think there are only a couple of rivers in the state classified as such)

Sounds like you're asking for a ticket at the very least, or a very bad confrontation at the worst......

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain, but it’s a part of life....you just move on.

The 320 acres I spent my childhood hunting, fishing, shooting, riding horses, exploring, playing with my cousins, and riding dirt bikes on is now divided into 4 pieces, a vineyard, a neighborhood, and two separate private acreages....I don’t have access to any of them and it sucks, but that's life. I'm just happy I had the chance to grow up with access to a place like that..They can never take those memories...

Latest posts

Top Bottom