"Git off mah land!"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AHH just go by his place and explain to him what you propose. Im sure he just wanted you to ask...no harm/no foul
(then you dont have to worry ,and you can still hangout on the land like you want)

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a kid your parents asked for permission. As an adult you'll have to ask for permission. I don't care how many times you got away with trespassing in the past - you are in the wrong, and trying to"stick it" to "the man" just makes it look worse. Water is public, but as soon as the paddle touches the ground you are trespassing, and sounds like you got your first warning.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one owns the water man, its God's water.

t3_gstatic_com_images_cbb35ac058498a9428e1841b758b4e0a._.jpg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma water rights are strange, all surface water belongs to the people of oklahoma, BUT not the land surrounding the water. To access a pond, you still need land owner permission to traverse the land to get to the pond.
You can fish a water shed without landowner permission IF you can travel the creek to the watershed, in the water without touching land and at no time can you get out of the boat and step onto the land surrounding the watershed, thats tresspassing..

Ground water belongs to the land owner above it, not the public.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've a sneaky suspicion this is going to end rather badly for the OP.

Just sayin'.

You've been given some pretty sage advice. My recommendation would be to either approach this guy like a adult, grown ass man, or stay the **** off his place.

It's douche bags like you, trying to find a technicality for trespass, that give ethical outdoor sportsmen a bad name.

Quit whining about losing access to a few hundred acres of land where you "used to know the owner". My family has sold thousands of acres of prime deer and quail habitat in the last few years that my father (who has been dead for 30 years) grew up hunting; and I learned to hunt with him and my uncles and granddad. We no longer have access to any of it, and nobody is pouting and whining about it. It's life. Sometimes it sucks, and you should probably get used to that.

I've little tolerance for guys like you, because you make it hard for guys like me to get permission to hunt on private land. Your attitude about this situation sucks. You're acting like a spoiled kid, and it's damn unbecoming of an adult outdoors man.

Last edited:

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just happy I had the chance to grow up with access to a place like that..They can never take those memories...
They can't, but Alzheimer's sure will

I've a sneaky suspicion this is going to end rather badly for the OP.

Just sayin'.

You've been given some pretty sage advice. My recommendation would be to either approach this guy like a adult, grown ass man, or stay the **** off his place.

It's douche bags like you, trying to find a technicality for trespass, that give ethical outdoor sportsmen a bad name.

Quit whining about losing access to a few hundred acres of land where you "used to know the owner". My family has sold thousands of acres of prime deer and quail habitat in the last few years that my father (who has been dead for 30 years) grew up hunting; and I learned to hunt with him and my uncles and granddad. We no longer have access to any of it, and nobody is pouting and whining about it. It's life. Sometimes it sucks, and you should probably get used to that.

I've little tolerance for guys like you, because you make it hard for guys like me to get permission to hunt on private land. You're attitude about this situation sucks. You're acting like spoiled kid, and it's damn unbecoming of an adult outdoors man.

So how do you really feel? Dig Deep.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to back off all the hardliners - I'll say it for you: I'm lucky he didn't run me in for trespassing.

You are good on that. He did all he could do, you were already leaving.

But if you really wanted to be a turd you could look into Oklahoma's adverse possession laws.

You already know to stay off of his land otherwise.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have the little missy bake up a batch of cookies. Place said cookies upon a platter which you don't mind never seeing again. Slick back your hair real good and put on your best Sunday suit. Carry yonder cookies over to his house and knock on the door. Explain in your best proper English that you are real sorry and the like and would he mind if you might could go forth and do stuff upon the grounds which you have previously trodden with reckless abandon, just like you used to could. He'd probably be ok with that.

Well, alrighty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom