"Git off mah land!"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty good advice, a couple over-aggressive Internet toughguys got off topic, which happens when asking for legal-related advice.

From my interpretation of the law, the waterway is publicly traversable so I'll be at least canoeing that section.

Someone asked if I was geared up an he didn't recognize me - It's possible. I didn't mention my name but he didn't ask. But... I knew who he was. 2/3 of the conversation was me wondering why this guy cared who was riding in that area. I thought he was just being nosy. Took him a while to mention he had bought it. It was never posted For Sale so the thought never occurred to me that it had changed hands. He may have seen my tracks through the brush and thorn tangles and wondered who was riding the creek bank. But obviously it never bothered him much, because I would be the first person in the area called if he wanted to know if myself or anyone I knew was going back there. It's just a grown over mess, no crops or grass to damage, he said he is going to bulldoze it someday for a hayfield.

After he laid down the law to me like I was some kid busted while sneaking around, I kept visiting with him and asking him about his crops, his new RV I see in his yard, how the area has been so wasted when it used to be a good meadow, etc. Mainly because that's what neighbors do when they meet on a road, but also because I wanted to twist his tail for coming on so strong. I think a lot of his posturing was because he had a young son or son in law in his truck that he wanted to impress with his authority. I'm sure he was expecting me to end every sentence with "sir" and avoid eye contact rather than come back with essentially, "Ok, thanks for letting me know. How's the jeep running? I've seen the hood up a lot when I drive by."
I've busted kids a couple times for shooting across our pasture and for vandalizing our mailbox, so I've been on the other side of the "riot act" and knew how to diffuse him. I did stop short at asking, "So, can I still ride back there?"

Anyway, WAY more info than I thought I'd be providing. Thanks to the folks that stuck to the question at hand about the OK waterway statutes and gave overall helpful advice! The other fellers can make an appointment with with the local urgent care to have the badger removed form their rectal cavity. ("Grown ass man", that was funny, but I watch Sons of Guns, too. No points for originality and you owe Will $10 for Copyright infringement.)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is pretty simple, dude.

If it was me and I was caught dicking around inadvertently on land that wasn't mine, I would leave and not come back per the owner's wishes. Kinda of a "take the hint" kinda deal.

But since it's you I'll give you another answer. Next time you see him outside, stop in and shoot the sheet with him. At some point kindly ask him if there's any way you could get his permission to dick around on his property. If he says no, stuh the hail off hus land!

Bottom line: it's his land. If he doesn't want you on it, and you continue to fawk with him simply because you want what he has, then you're a Major Toolshed.

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More solid advice. I plan to do just that. I'm already planning to go with a big grin and a "Have ya run any more hooligans off the creek? It's sure hard not being able to get to my Still back there." This gives him the opening to laugh it off and say, "Well, I don't mind if you do. I just don't want to see some kids messing around back there shooting up everything with their .22s and rutting up the place."
Since there's been some interest, I'll post back here and let you'uns know how it went.

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is it a douche move when its his land, and he told you to stay off it regardless of what you have done in the past? It now belongs to him, he can do what he wants with it. If you owned it, you could do the same....

Either you believe in property rights, or you dont. So which is it?

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've covered several times that it's his land (now) and can do what he wants with it. Had I known it had changed hands, I'd have asked the new owner for permission. My problem was with his approach. Unneccesarily aggressive, rather than informative. Do you have relevant info on Ok waterway regs?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've already commented on how I believe you might be able to get access now. It involves you just asking permission in a sincere and heartfelt way.

I don't know anything about waterway regs.

I do, however know two other things:

1.) People on this board are giving you a hard time because you're asking for help in finding a way to show this guy what 'fer.
2.) Showing this guy what 'fer will not help you to gain legal access, nor will it satisfy you. In fact, it will likely make it worse.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've covered several times that it's his land (now) and can do what he wants with it. Had I known it had changed hands, I'd have asked the new owner for permission. My problem was with his approach. Unneccesarily aggressive, rather than informative. Do you have relevant info on Ok waterway regs?

quit posting go talk to him...let him take ya out back to the tool shed...give ya a whatfer and pay your dues.

I don't want to see another post outta you until you have gone over and told him you are sorry, you beg forgiveness and would like to resume your fappin activities out there

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. With neighbors like that, I might as well live in the city.

Personally, I find this ironic. I live "in the city" and would NEVER try to find loopholes in the law to trespass. Dunno if it's mih sitee thinkin but I guess I just understand and RESPECT what land ownership means?

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post.

Good stuff, fellers. But if it pleases the court, I will ask him if I may resume my truffle searching the next time we meet by chance. He doesn't seem the most approachable sort. I can plink from the bridge still, he doesn't own that.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
quit posting go talk to him...let him take ya out back to the tool shed...give ya a whatfer and pay your dues.

I don't want to see another post outta you until you have gone over and told him you are sorry, you beg forgiveness and would like to resume your fappin activities out there

Post.

Good stuff, fellers. But if it pleases the court, I will ask him if I may resume my truffle searching the next time we meet by chance. He doesn't seem the most approachable sort. I can plink from the bridge still, he doesn't own that.

ahem - you don't listen very well

Latest posts

Top Bottom