Good Luck Opening DAY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a beautiful morning to be in the stand! Didn't see a deer one, but it sure beat being in the office at 7. Squirrels were tearing it up all around me. Had a three way scuffle going on right above my head, which in turn pelted me with acorns... I could not have been happier. Did see a sow and 5 or 6 lil uns. They were about 50 yards out, so I didn't try to thump any.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What a beautiful morning to be in the stand! Didn't see a deer one, but it sure beat being in the office at 7. Squirrels were tearing it up all around me. Had a three way scuffle going on right above my head, which in turn pelted me with acorns... I could not have been happier. Did see a sow and 5 or 6 lil uns. They were about 50 yards out, so I didn't try to thump any.

Rub it in. You know, I used to like you......
:crying:

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had four does come in about two hours into the day. The biggest one of the bunch got about 35 yards out but never presented an ethical shot. My buddy that hunted the other side of the property saw 3 does and a nice 8 point but nothing got closer than 100 yds. He also had a bobcat playing under his stand for half an hour. Definately an encouraging morning to start the season!

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw about 15 does and fawns. I had a few shooters within 30 yards, but the had fawns with them. All in all a beautiful morning in the stand. Once the fawns are weaned off I will get my fill of doe tags taken care of.

Reaction score
Note to self: Since your Tac-10 arrows cost $17 each, don't carry them in a POS Bohning quiver with only one shaft-holder rubber cross-piece, and then go through a bunch of brush.

Those bolts are FAT, and I had them shoved down to the 2nd level of shaft receptable hole in the quiver, presumably for 9/32ds arrows, so they were tight in there - and I still lost one.

But nice hunt this morning. No deer seen or heard but nice weather, pleasant; good hunt. :) Oh, quite a few turkeys nearby; that was a positive; found a roost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom