Rifle season opens tomorrow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wind shifted after getting in the blind this morning blowing my scent right to the feeder and trees behind it. 4 does coming in scattered when in my scent cone. Tomorrow will be better.
Getting ready to leave saw some movement.
Coyote was taking a poop facing me. Put the 108 grain HPBT in 6.5 man bun into the center of its chest at about 90 yds. Exited just in front of the hind leg. He just tipped over, never moving.

B0888DFC-9106-4271-AF9A-1FA6EE8E0B55.jpeg

Still have bucks feeding together. No chasing.

B5001F6A-22C7-4A12-AFDA-4D4814AF5630.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wind shifted after getting in the blind this morning blowing my scent right to the feeder and trees behind it. 4 does coming in scattered when in my scent cone. Tomorrow will be better.
Getting ready to leave saw some movement.
Coyote was taking a poop facing me. Put the 108 grain HPBT in 6.5 man bun into the center of its chest at about 90 yds. Exited just in front of the hind leg. He just tipped over, never moving.

View attachment 320953

Still have bucks feeding together. No chasing.

View attachment 320954
Same here. Only chasing we are seeing is the little guys harassing the doe. All bucks are ending up at the feeders. In my experience, if rut is on, the bucks seldom stop by the feeders to eat.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Only chasing we are seeing is the little guys harassing the doe. All bucks are ending up at the feeders. In my experience, if rut is on, the bucks seldom stop by the feeders to eat.
I have one buck that appears to be tending a doe. He was a regular at the feeder in daylight until two days ago. Now he’s in at night with the doe.

73F7BCDD-2780-40ED-9E63-0C0D02E5120C.jpeg

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope everybody kills a bunch of em. Gotdamned things are thicker than flies on a bull's ass. I damn near hit one (or more) every day going to and coming home from work. Gotdamned nuisance is what they are. :pissed:
I'll volunteer to ride "shotgun" to make sure you get to and from work safely 😆

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be shooting the Ruger American in 6.5 manbun creedmore with 108 grain Lapua Scenar HPBT bullet reloads.
Not really designed to be a hunting bullet, so when/if it connects, there will be an autopsy report.
Doggone you Dennis Hoddy.
I was reading your post and thinking "HEY! RUGER MADE A BOLT ACTION IN THE 6.5 mm MANNLICHER!!" :clap3:
Then I realized "....Oh. Never mind."
[Never owned one but I think it would be a cool old round for woods hunting, like the 6.5 Swede or 7x57 in a bolt action carbine.]

Latest posts

Top Bottom