Rifle season opens tomorrow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just getting in bed. Still no sign of my big buck I stuck last weekend but my #2 was in front of my cell cam at 3:08pm this afternoon. Hopefully he is cruising through in the morning.

Hunting with my Springfield Waypoint 2020 carbon fiber barrel in 308. Been working up a good load so feeding it some 178 gr ELD-X. Haven’t got all the data on that load yet but it is shooting just over .5 MOA and that’s all I need to know for this hunt.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
566A91C8-CA89-475F-BE4F-F105D818846D.jpeg

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First opening day I'm going to miss in years.
I've had a fever the last few days, & certainly don't think I'll be better & have any stamina for tomorrow.
This sucks
I wasn't able to get out either. We've had a rough week (lost a niece) and was out of town for a few days and just wanted to stay home with my wife. I'll be out Tuesday, Wednesday and maybe Thursday some.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what’s going on around my place just down the road on the way home I seen 3 bucks together seen 4 does out my blind no bucks with them and had a small 8 point come by

I've seen does by themselves on my cameras in Seminole County and from my stand earlier last week saw a couple of bucks searching.

We were on our way home last night on the Kickapoo Turnpike and about took out a huge 10 point that decided to stroll out in the middle of the north bound lanes and just stop there (thankfully he didn't turn around and run back to the right-of-way as we drove by).

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
& my problem right now is I don't have the opportunity to hunt locally. So I can't just have a morning or afternoon hunt on the fly like I used to.
My only deer hunting on private land opportunity is a little over 4.25 hours away from my home & I have to plan on making up camp when I get there.
Takes alot of thought & time, but it is my only spot to hunt so I am grateful for that. But this spot usually means just weekend hunting trips.

Farmer925

Marksman
Reaction score
Yeah well, I’m still sitting my @ss in east TX watching my wife procrastinate getting her crap packed so we can leave in the morning. I’ve offered to ”let” her stay home, but this has kind of been “our” trip for the last 3 years and she’s determined to come. :anyone:
Yes... the joys of marriage (45 years for me) and mine still likes to tag along and hang out at our cabin...Enjoy the time you spend with wife.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom