Good old UPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call the damned sheriff!

Lay this story on them.

What's the crime? Mis-delivery of a package. I agree it sounds fishy but the package was retrieved and delivered to the dealer.

There may be plenty of UPS policy violations, but I don't see a crime here. At least nothing that can be proven, anyway. The OP even says UPS "sent a guy out" (didn't say if it was the same driver but sounds like it wasn't) to retrieve it and he did, and then delivered it where it was supposed to go. If it was a different person than the driver that pretty much eliminates the theory of the original driver stashing it somewhere to retrieve later.

Sounds like the typical crappy work ethic we see so much of today.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO,
1.Driver most likely guilty.
2. Nothing will be done.
3. BATFE will do nothing
My FFL sold his house and moved a few years ago and a couple of guns got delivered to his old address before he could post his new address. The new homeowner was from California and threw a fit, called him up and raised hell. He didn't have any kids but I actually think these anti gunners really believe guns have free will and can kill someone.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an ffl and have had guns delivered to the wrong address and have had them delivered to the actual customer and then he brought it to me.
Yeah when I was a postman once in a blue moon I'd get a long gun addressed to a non FFL. I've never had an FFL refuse to accept a copy of my DL but I've heard some won't accept it. I had an FFL on my route that wouldn't do any transfers for me. I heard somewhere you're not supposed to get an FFL and only do transfers for yourself but I don't know if this accurate. I guess you could charge 500.00 for transfers, that would work!

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the crime? Mis-delivery of a package. I agree it sounds fishy but the package was retrieved and delivered to the dealer.

There may be plenty of UPS policy violations, but I don't see a crime here. At least nothing that can be proven, anyway. The OP even says UPS "sent a guy out" (didn't say if it was the same driver but sounds like it wasn't) to retrieve it and he did, and then delivered it where it was supposed to go. If it was a different person than the driver that pretty much eliminates the theory of the original driver stashing it somewhere to retrieve later.

Sounds like the typical crappy work ethic we see so much of today.
I'm the OP, It did get retrieved and delivered but since it wasn't even signed for it could have been delivered to a kid. Just this week in Tulsa some kids killed each other by accident. The guy that got could have also just said "I didn't get any package." If UPS insurance sucks as bad as USPS's you would play hell getting a claim processed. In 30 years I saw a lot of USPS customers try to get reimbursed for insured losses, and maybe they got their loss covered, but I never saw anyone do it successfully.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm the OP, It did get retrieved and delivered but since it wasn't even signed for it could have been delivered to a kid. Just this week in Tulsa some kids killed each other by accident. The guy that got could have also just said "I didn't get any package." If UPS insurance sucks as bad as USPS's you would play hell getting a claim processed. In 30 years I saw a lot of USPS customers try to get reimbursed for insured losses, and maybe they got their loss covered, but I never saw anyone do it successfully.

I don't dispute any of that. But nothing in the original post rises to the level of a crime. If the dealer is in a position of delivered guns getting into the hands of kids, that's an issue he needs to resolve on his end and with the carrier. But if the shipper didn't request the "Adult Signature Required" service then the driver will either hand it to someone or just leave it at the address. That's really all they're obligated to do.

I go thru the same thing with my FFL. He works during the day when most deliveries are made. Sometimes UPS/FedEx leave packages at a relative's home just up the road. Sometimes those packages contain guns.

On the other hand, the last thing we need right now are for UPS and FedEx to start putting even more restrictions on shipping firearms. It's pretty sad when the carrier's rules are more strict than the ATF.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah when I was a postman once in a blue moon I'd get a long gun addressed to a non FFL. I've never had an FFL refuse to accept a copy of my DL but I've heard some won't accept it. I had an FFL on my route that wouldn't do any transfers for me. I heard somewhere you're not supposed to get an FFL and only do transfers for yourself but I don't know if this accurate. I guess you could charge 500.00 for transfers, that would work!
Hate to be sarcastic, but maybe he was p****d off at the Post Office?

Latest posts

Top Bottom