Good shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been bit (barely) while defending my dog. Granted it was a beagle, but it charged my wife- then girlfriend- and our dog. Like an idiot, I stepped out in front between them and the beagle scratched my leg with its teeth. It retreated when the owner came out and I started kicking it. Also been charged too many times by pit bulls.

I was too young or foolish at the time to call the pound and get the dog reported as aggressive as the scratch drew blood. As I'm still 20, CCW isn't an option yet. I just rely on fingers to the eyes, staying on my feet, protecting my throat, and NEVER turning your back. Good god ene i gues.

In your situation, a garden hose, bear mace, or finally a firearm sounds like the best bet.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way too much regard for animals and way too little regard for people.

Letting loose of a bullet in a neighborhood and putting humans at risk to save the life of your poor dog is not a good trade no matter how much you love your dog. You hurt a dog and it is a question of property damage, You hurt someone and the questions get a lot more serious very quickly. Be sure of your backstop. Pavement bounces, dirt/grass not so bad. Shooting down helps a bit too, but it puts feet and legs at risk.

A good stout walking stick might have a place in your predicament. Long enough to keep some distance and stout enough to get the big dog's attention.

Latest posts

Top Bottom