Got an offer to buy my land today.... Wasn't looking to sell it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful down there near 33 landing. Lotsa weirdos down there when i went fishing.

Ya it used to be a hang out meeting place for the Homos around there. Its not as bad now though, but still some odd folks down there every now and then.

Anyway, I told him it'll be a week or two til I had time to think about it and get back to him. Like was just mentioned, having my own private range is worth it's weight in gold! Plus it's only about 15min from my house right now. Thy ell be hard presses to get me to let go of it.

OV1kenobi

Marksman
Reaction score
AllOut:

Looks like you and I are neighbors, so to speak. That is, as far as property ownership goes. I own and live on some land close to 600 Road and 4180. By the description, it appears that your property is on the west side of 4160 road.

So, I am much closer to the Black Fox site and Rocky Point than you are!

Unless you really want the money that badly, I would keep the land unless offered something exorbitant. It is my understanding that Rogers County is one of the fastest growing, if not the fastest growing counties in Oklahoma and your (and my) land is worth a premium and becoming even more valuable almost with each passing day. As a bonus, not too many places so close to Tulsa where a person can shoot.

Do you think that it is possible that Sanders Nursery is looking to expand?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say keep it. If you did sell it would you have a yearning to replace it and build your house and shed on another property? Go shop for similar properties as yours, that would give an idea of replacement cost.

Even if he did pay $60k and you could replace for a couple grand less, it wouldnt be worth it for me. Replacement cost would be key for me.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a few guys that do that but they are just too cheap to pay for rural water line ran or pay for a well drill.

Ha! What's funny is those guys end up spending way more money in fuel, tires, and time than just biting the bullet and getting water on a place.

I know a few guys like that. So cheap they spend more money trying not to spend money on something they need.

Plus having a well or water meter increases the value of the place.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AllOut:

Looks like you and I are neighbors, so to speak. That is, as far as property ownership goes. I own and live on some land close to 600 Road and 4180. By the description, it appears that your property is on the west side of 4160 road.

So, I am much closer to the Black Fox site and Rocky Point than you are!

Unless you really want the money that badly, I would keep the land unless offered something exorbitant. It is my understanding that Rogers County is one of the fastest growing, if not the fastest growing counties in Oklahoma and your (and my) land is worth a premium and becoming even more valuable almost with each passing day. As a bonus, not too many places so close to Tulsa where a person can shoot.

Do you think that it is possible that Sanders Nursery is looking to expand?

I am 400 yards north of 600rd on the west side of 4160rd
So ya we are pretty close to each other
I really don't care for the money, I'd rather have land. For my use and like u said, the value may sky rocket in that area in my lifetime... I'm not that old lol
Yes it's possible I could replace it and that's what I'd plan to do. So seeing I have a good piece of land, that the value is more than likely going to be way over what I paid and its in an area I like and fits my needs. Why would I really wanna deal with the hassle of replacing it? To make a couple grand... Maybe!
They better get there wallets out if they want this place LOL

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a small plot on south side of tulsa go for 45K a few years back which was a little more than I was willing to pay. It just sold last year for 2.4 million.

Don't sell.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a small plot on south side of tulsa go for 45K a few years back which was a little more than I was willing to pay. It just sold last year for 2.4 million.

Don't sell.

For $2.4million my place is for sale! Yep, I'd lose my shooting range, but a nice big, paid-for place sounds better. :)

I'd hang onto it if I were you. Many people several miles west of you near Verdigris are getting $10-12k an acre, at least they wrre several years ago when i looked up there. Sounds like yours may already be heading up. If you like the place and aren't hard pressed to sell, just hang on to it and see what happens.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For $2.4million my place is for sale! Yep, I'd lose my shooting range, but a nice big, paid-for place sounds better. :)

I'd hang onto it if I were you. Many people several miles west of you near Verdigris are getting $10-12k an acre, at least they wrre several years ago when i looked up there. Sounds like yours may already be heading up. If you like the place and aren't hard pressed to sell, just hang on to it and see what happens.

My parents live in NE broken arrow a few miles on the other side of the river from my land.
The place next to them went for $19k an acre a few years ago....

Latest posts

Top Bottom