Governor Fallin signs Open Carry Senate Bill 1733 into law.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny Tanner said:
One thing I've seen done by KWTV-9, FOX-25, and KOCO-5 is fail to report that this law doesn't go into effect until November 1st. Even just about 10 minutes ago on KOCO they reported "today marks the first full day that Oklahoma citizens can legally carry a gun in the open."

The last thing we need is people with a current SDA license seeing this report and thinking it's OK to carry openly right now. All that will do is cause problems and potentially stack the odds against us. Is this their intention?

I think this is a Good thing,it will weed out the induviduals that have licenses and should not.
A responsible CCW individual will look up the Nov. Date,just my 2 cents.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't say carry.

Carry is prohibited at sporting arenas during professional sporting events, not sporting arenas as a whole. Firearms are permitted on college campuses if left in the locked vehicle.

I understand that. But in forum and topic discussing open carry, it would be illegal. Notice I also used the words most and carry, intentionally. It seems like we are in the same mindset that people who carry need to make sure they understand the law better than the people we will come in contact with. As of Nov 1, we will see high scrutiny from business owners and people trying to take a stand against responsible carriers and try to point out that open carry was a bad idea.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand that. But in forum and topic discussing open carry, it would be illegal.

I understand what you are saying. Regardless, in terms of media reporting accuracy, it is not illegal to carry in liquor stores nor sports arenas where professional sporting events are not taking place. And likewise, not illegal on college campuses to carry guns that remain either attended or unattended in private vehicles. You can (soon) still open carry --- in the car. Still yet, the college president could authorize the carry on campus if he so chose (which is not possible on primary or secondary school property).

Latest posts

Top Bottom