Governor Fallin signs Open Carry Senate Bill 1733 into law.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great news. I called at 405-521-2342 and expressed my appreciation to the lady who answered.
The more appreciation calls the better. She gets my vote as well.
:)

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Businesses may continue to prohibit firearms to be carried on their premises. SB 1733 prohibits carrying firearms on properties owned or leased by the city, state or federal government, at corrections facilities, in schools or college campuses, liquor stores and at sports arenas during sporting events.
This appears to be inaccurate. 21 O.S. 1272 will continue to forbid possession of a firearm where alcohol is sold for consumption, but I don't see anything in the original statute or in the amendment to address liquor stores. Further, §1290 appears to still allow carrying pursuant to an SDA permit where alcohol is sold for consumption, but is not the primary purpose of the business, and as long as the person carrying isn't drinking. If anybody sees something different, please let me know what I've missed.

Thor20003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
government property, school, ect..., they are correct with the on property.

I'm pretty sure your statement is incorrect. Being on city/federal property while carrying legally is not prohibited.

synopsis: It will be unlawful to carry in... Any structure, building, or office space owned or leased by government for the purpose of conducting business with the public. page 7

Last edited:

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without looking it up, I think the restricted properties are buildings owned by the government and doing business with the public. You CAN carry in the city park, but not into the library, etc. You CAN carry at the State Fair, but not into the Arena. Schools, bars and sporting events are separate issues.

That's the way I understand it, anyway. But the issue now is, SHE SIGNED IT! WOOHOO!

Latest posts

Top Bottom