GP100 trigger job sugestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like the title says, I want to get a trigger job done on the GP and don't really know where to start.

Who do you all suggest? Also what kind of strength springs should I be putting in it? Is there anything special I should know before I commit to getting it done? And lastly what kind of cost am I looking at?

Thanks

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Start with a Wolf Spring Set from Midway. I have tinkered with a fellow OSA'rs GP100 and that was all he had done. It was a very nice and crisp trigger. Besides for $10.00, it's a cheap route to try first. JMO

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I agree with the IBOK, it has all the info you need to know. My GP actually came with an ideal hammer spring from the factory - it felt better than the lighter wolff spring I tried so I left the factory one in! A little bit of light stoning on parts that contact each other and then light oil or a small bit of grease will also help.

Good luck,

Alan

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered a spring kit for my GP100. I disassembled the gun this morning and got it back together OK, and it appears that the main spring change-out will be very simple.

How difficult is the trigger spring to change? The triggger assembly looks like it could get a bit complicated; is there a guide or checklist somewhere to help an owner swap out the parts fairly easily? (I have this mental picture of the work going quickly and easily until the spring goes flying off into the dark corners of my garage. I plan to do the work inside a plastic bag!)

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me follow those instructions and you'll have a great trigger on your gun. It was my first "gunsmithing" project. Everyone who shoots it talks about how good it feels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom