Gun control activists petition Chipotle to ban guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Open-carrying an AK to a coffeeshop in defense of the Second Amendment is like speaking in favor of the KKK to defend the First Amendment.

Yes, both ought to be allowed as a matter of law, but don't be surprised at the social opprobrium. Just because I'll volunteer to defend your rights in court doesn't mean I'll let you have dinner at my table.

I pretty much agree with your comments.

If a business allows one to carry within their confines, do so concealed, and be happy with the fact that you COULD have done so openly.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with your comments.

If a business allows one to carry within their confines, do so concealed, and be happy with the fact that you COULD have done so openly.

But by everyone's reactions, even here, its obvious that even if you can, you really can't. Your rights have already been stripped away for fear you might offend someone. When so called 2nd amendment supporters are speaking out against those exercising their 2nd amendment rights then Bloomberg had already won.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But by everyone's reactions, even here, its obvious that even if you can, you really can't. Your rights have already been stripped away for fear you might offend someone. When so called 2nd amendment supporters are speaking out against those exercising their 2nd amendment rights then Bloomberg had already won.

Your not exercising your 2nd amendment rights when you carry an AR-15 into a coffee shop or a cafe. You're simply trying to be a bully and attention whore. There are many other ways to exercise your rights without trying to scare people. It's like the gay rights agenda. Just cause you have the right to do it's doesn't mean you need to walk down the middle of main street with a flag tapped to your pecker for everybody to see. There are larger concepts and principles that you are failing to see here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm not denying your comments.

What I'm saying is WHY? The owner is giving one the rights to do so. Why make a public display? I'm not saying the display is to compensate for a short penis or anything like that.
I agree with open carry. I embrace it.

What purpose does carrying an AR into a business accomplish for furthering the rights of us to open carry? Its a private business that doesn't fall under the 2nd amendment. Its at the whim of the owner to allow what ever they want.

If you were fighting OC in schools, parking lots open to public access, or other government businesses, I'd be all over your cause.

Since you are trying to trample on the rights of a private business owner to set their own regulations about how their business is ran, I have to disagree with you.

IF that business fails because of their opposition to OC or CC, that is their choice.

We can choose as free citizens to not use their business. That is our choice.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your not exercising your 2nd amendment rights when you carry an AR-15 into a coffee shop or a cafe. You're simply trying to be a bully and attention whore. There are many other ways to exercise your rights without trying to scare people. It's like the gay rights agenda. Just cause you have the right to do it's doesn't mean you need to walk down the middle of main street with a flag tapped to your pecker for everybody to see. There are larger concepts and principles that you are failing to see here.

So what you are saying is legally carrying a firearm that looks scary is the equivalent to bullying?

I'm just tired of so called gun rights advocates attacking and name calling people who choose to carry differently than they do. When did Americans start giving away their rights for fear of offending someone?

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not denying your comments.

What I'm saying is WHY? The owner is giving one the rights to do so. Why make a public display? I'm not saying the display is to compensate for a short penis or anything like that.
I agree with open carry. I embrace it.

What purpose does carrying an AR into a business accomplish for furthering the rights of us to open carry? Its a private business that doesn't fall under the 2nd amendment. Its at the whim of the owner to allow what ever they want.

If you were fighting OC in schools, parking lots open to public access, or other government businesses, I'd be all over your cause.

Since you are trying to trample on the rights of a private business owner to set their own regulations about how their business is ran, I have to disagree with you.

IF that business fails because of their opposition to OC or CC, that is their choice.

We can choose as free citizens to not use their business. That is our choice.

How do you know if a business really allows own carry unless someone actually open carries there? If they say they allow it then ban it the first time someone actually does it then they deserve to be called on it.

And everyone should remember that this is happening in Texas and the only gun you can legally open carry is a long gun.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The various amendments including the second, are oriented towards protecting the populace from the federal government. Not the states. Not private businesses.

Carrying a rifle into a restaurant to "protect your rights to carry a firearm" is asinine, monumentally stupid and publicly demonstrates the lack of common sense and good judgment that should be required when carrying a fire arm in public.

THIS is why we can't have nice things. Dumbasses.

Ek

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The various amendments including the second, are oriented towards protecting the populace from the federal government. Not the states. Not private businesses.

Carrying a rifle into a restaurant to "protect your rights to carry a firearm" is asinine, monumentally stupid and publicly demonstrates the lack of common sense and good judgment that should be required when carrying a fire arm in public.

THIS is why we can't have nice things. Dumbasses.

Ek

The constitution applies to the state and local governments the same as it applies to the Federal government. Only those rights not mentioned by the constitution are left up to the people and the states.

But if you are so against open carry, why not throw in with Bloomberg and get it out outlawed? Can't have anyone doing something that might scare or offend someone else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom