Gun safe rec's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BK099

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went through this process and eventually ended up buying a Bear. My reasons are 1) local business 2) security of the lock 3) fire rating was excellent 4) chance to upgrade to larger safe, as mentioned above.

Good luck.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went through this process and eventually ended up buying a Bear. My reasons are 1) local business 2) security of the lock 3) fire rating was excellent 4) chance to upgrade to larger safe, as mentioned above.

Good luck.

Exact same reason I got a Bear 6 months ago and my father in law got one in August.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking at a lot of safe's lately and I've decided on a Ft. Knox. I'm getting a double deluxe package with 2 steel liners. Should be pretty difficult to break into. I really like their double fire seal.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddies Bear is painted "almond" and he's stuck old refrigerator handles to it. at a glance you'd never notice it wasn't just a garage fridge! ;-)

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liberty will replace my combo at no charge if someone breaks the combo trying to get in, as most reputable safe manufactures do.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liberty will replace my combo at no charge if someone breaks the combo trying to get in, as most reputable safe manufactures do.

This is what I have...A Large Liberty.

My recommendation would be to also get a smaller "document" safe to put inside. I have a good heat rating on my Liberty, but all my important papers are inside the doc safe that is inside the Liberty...It almost guarantees that you will never lose a document (or digital HD) to fire or flood...

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BEAR safes are my fav for one reason alone. There is no external dial or keypad. Why is this a factor? Because a thief will use your tool in that garage to try and gain entry. While they may not be able to open it, they will destroy the keypad of dial with your drill, crow bar, sledge hammer, etc. then you get to pay someone $500 to come replace it. This will happen EVERY time a thief finds your safe. For some reason they don't see a safe and decide its impossible, they see a safe as a challenge. Some other safe brands may have this same design but I'm not sure which ones.

+1000 on bear safes

Latest posts

Top Bottom