Habañero beef jerky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are those blue rubber gloves you're wearing....sissy!!!!

Just kidding with you. I had a buddy wipe his eyes after cracking some of this little devils open. Then his eyes and nose started watering and he wiped his eyes again then his nose. He went running and screaming like a little school girl that fell and scraped her knee.

Whatever you're doing with those pepppers...YOU'RE DOING IT CORRECTLY!!! KEEP ON, THEY LOOK GREAT AND PROBABLY TASTE LIKE FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!!! Oh yea!!!!

Did I mention I'm jealous!!!

Now I'm going to have to grow me some peppers next year...just gotta!!!

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cohiba, this is the 1st time in 3 years I've grown them; the ones from before lasted in the freezer for three years until we finished them all. I gave them all two gallons of water each this morning before it got hot. Didn't feed them on acct of the heat - didn't want to burn the leaves. They are developing into low, spreading shrubs, about knee high at this point. But will keep growing until frost gets them. Gonna check on the beef jerky now, may need to turn them over.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The jerky is done but for three trays. It is top of the line, and man, it is HOT. My sweat glands work, my taste buds register in Farenheight degrees, and my sinuses work too.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
FAN-DAMN-TASTIC!!!

That looks awesome!!! Looks like a bowl of orange fire waiting to burn someone!!![/QUOTE

Yeh! I put them a gallon zip lock and put it straight into the deep freezer. Have several gallons of them now in the deep freeze. Will feed the habañero plants in the morning for the 1st time in two weeks. By the end of next month will have enough in deep freeze to last us several years, then will start taking them to the Mexican food restaraunts. Last time we did this, they'd give us meats in trade. I'm talking about hole in the wall diners that are owned/operated by real Mexicans, where the local Mexican population goes to eat top notch food on a budget. I imagine a big corporation chain restaraunt couldn't take my habañeros on account of all the red tape.

Latest posts

Top Bottom