Habañero beef jerky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That makes parts of me burn just looking at the pretty colors

I diced two of them and stirred them into a gravy this evening for supper. Poured the gravy over mashed potatoes and pork chops. Made a two dollar meal taste like a twenty dollar meal, plus I got plenty of fluids - at least 4 glasses of iced tea. My wife thought she was going to pass out - which is odd, because I'm the white guy and she's the Mexican, haha!

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am starting to pick them from my plants now also. I slice the pods and dehydrate them. When dried, I put them in a VitaMix and blend them into a dry powder and put them in pint jars. A pint jar can last you several years unless you like to eat fire.

The first time I blended them in the kitchen and made a homemade OC bomb. The dust gets in the air and makes your throat tighten up and the coughing to start. Now they are blended on the back porch. Easy to store this way also.

You could dry your habanero's and mix that directly with your soy liquid.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

The habañero plants slowly grow during the hot, sweltering month of August. Some of them are waist belt high now, and very big in circumference. Next month when the weather cools, there will be renewed, aggressive growth.

[Broken External Image]

I take several gallons of habañeros to this Mexican food restaurant each week, they buy them from me. They like them fresh, fresh and like fire.

[Broken External Image]

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wanted to plant a few Datil...( I guess from-Datil do it?)

Datil:
Datils are as hot or hotter than habaneros but have a sweeter, fruitier flavor especially when fully ripe.

I've never heard of these, but now I'm intrigued. I love spicy foods and I love the spice of a habanero, but I'm not a fan of the flavor.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've never heard of these, but now I'm intrigued. I love spicy foods and I love the spice of a habanero, but I'm not a fan of the flavor.

Hey, I´ll tell you what, Danny Tanner, you slice these habañeros thin, and top a cheapo frozen pizza with them, and you´ll swear you´ve got a twelve dollar pizza! I´ve got 50 of these bad girls, and like bad girls, they put out. Problem is though, Fall is coming and with that - frost. I rake hay around them every time I mow, and when frost is due, I will prune them severely, and hay them over at night.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do just that with jalapenos. I love the flavor of jalapenos, but wish they packed a bit more punch. I've tried habanero salsa, loved the spice, hated the flavor. I've tried straight habanero peppers, loved the spice, hated the flavor. I want something that not only packs a punch, but brings along a good flavor, too.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do just that with jalapenos. I love the flavor of jalapenos, but wish they packed a bit more punch. I've tried habanero salsa, loved the spice, hated the flavor. I've tried straight habanero peppers, loved the spice, hated the flavor. I want something that not only packs a punch, but brings along a good flavor, too.

Now, I've never eaten habañeros straight. I do tabascos and cayennes. I just can't do a habañero straight off the table like that. Not even to take bites off of when eating a salad. You´re a better man than I, Gunga Din!

Latest posts

Top Bottom