Had a turkey fly over my truck this morning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was out driving around this morning, came back form town and took a different route. Sure enough out of the blue, a turkey fly across the road right over the hood of my truck...:hyper:

Pretty cool, never had that happen before, if I had been going just a little faster, we would have connected..

I know the guy who owns the land where the bird came from, bad news is, he will not allow any hunting....

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool you saw him but not cool he will not let you hunt. Might be worth asking though. I have had a lot of people let me hunt that would not let anyone else. Make a good impression on him.

Muleman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey 1shott, I don't know if you bow hunt or not but I've gained permission to hunt from a lot of people when they found out I was only using a bow. A lot of farmers main concern seems to be the safety of thier livestock, and turkey with a bow and arrow is a great challenge. Besides, if you get permission to hunt, and they see that you're a responsible hunter who will respect their property, they might someday let you gun hunt. Good luck.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The land owner in question is not a farmer, he buys land and just sits on it. I know him from years past, I tried to bow hunt his place for years, but to no avail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom